The music from Wolf Hall - the multi-award winning television adaptation of Hilary Mantel's two novels of Tudor intrigue - opens the 75th season of the Marlborough College Concert Series. For this unique Wolf Hall Live! concert (September 18) the composer of the original score, Debbie Wiseman, will be
Students, staff and parents at Pewsey Vale School are celebrating a record breaking set of GCSE results. On Wednesday evening year eleven students were tweeted "Sleep well tonight year 11...the wait is nearly over."
And amid national reports that the number of pupils getting a C grade or above has fallen to the lowest level for almost
Yellow Tide, a photograph of a field of oilseed rape near Ramsbury, won photographer Adrian Travis a special recognition on the photography website ViewBug.
Angus Macpherson, who stood again in May as the Conservative Party candidate to be Police and Crime Commissioner for Wiltshire and Swindon and was re-elected, says he remains positive about policing on his patch, but warns of 'serious challenges ahead.'
The top grades accounted for a quarter of all passes this year, and follows the best ever results in the school’s International Baccalaureate programme,
The initiative gives the public access to buildings not normally open to the public, with guided tours and special events.
Police executed a warrant at an address in Baylie Acre at 7.30am today, where they seized substances suspected to be cocaine and herbal cannabis, with with an estimated street value of approximately £3,000.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has awarded Aldbourne Nursing Home one of its rare 'Outstanding overall' ratings.
Following the CQC's two-day, unannounced inspection early last month the home was judged to be Outstanding for being caring and responsive to people's needs, and Good for being safe, effective and well-led.
- Mop Fair Saturday dates confirmed - with road closures requested from noon on preceding Fridays
- Gold for Rushall, silver for Great Bedwyn in Best Kept Village Competition
- Burbage Beer Festival celebrates two decades
- Fund raising begins to purchase Avebury Chapel
- There's now more life in the River Kennet than you expect - as ARK's River Day showed
- Discoveries at Durrington excavation reveal a massive wooden monument - but probably a very temporary one
- Police clamp down on night-time poaching in Pewsey area
- The voice of Euro 2016 comes to Marlborough
- Final go-ahead given for 175 houses at Salisbury Road
- Folk duo come to Marlborough
- Anything but plain sailing as renovations start at Wilton Windmill
- Attempted theft: Waitrose cash machine set on fire
- Jazz Festival: Emma Jonson takes Brewin Dolphin Best Newcomer Award
- Marlborough's Mike Tupman crowned Champion Town Crier of Wiltshire
- Hundreds turn out in blazing sunshine for the Pewsey Festival
- Town Mayor's team well beaten by Marlborough Cricket Club eleven in match to help cricket loving refugees
- New excavation near Stonehenge: first evidence shows mystery shapes beneath Durrington's henge are empty post holes not stones
- Katherine Jones: Rabley Drawing Centres new artist in residence - and print maker extraordinary
- Newby Acre celebrates: Aster Communities appeal dismissed by Planning Inspector
- Marlborough's weather: were the first two days of August just making up for our dry July?
- Can you wield that ‘magic sponge’ on a rugby pitch? Physios and First Aiders required by Marlborough Rugby Club
- Pewsey art gallery's timely exhibition of local artist's reconstructions of Stonehenge era
- Motorists face delays as police deal with TWO accidents near Cadley
- Famous but troubled canalside inn for sale
- White Horse Bookshop sponsors Richard Jefferies Society's nature writing prize
- Housing development for Plume of Feathers gardens? Town Councillors switch agenda item into secret session
- Pewsey & Devizes Connect 2 Wiltshire services: a new timetable and new buses
- Farm animals take over Silverless Street - a welcome change from HGVs
- Claire Perry urged to intervene after Rabley Wood View appeal decision
- Thieves steal sound system and lights from charity float
- Two-year ban for mobile phone crash driver
- Lost Phone Appeal - Have you seen the Town Crier's phone?
- Traces of another Neolithic building found at Marden - older than the Henge
- Oare woman killed in glider crash
- RURAL BROADBAND - Part One: Why can't BT produce decent broadband speeds to rural homes
- RURAL BROADBAND - Part Two: alternative routes to increased speeds - while the real solution runs past the front gate
- LitFest 2016 launched at White Horse bookshop
- How Marlborough Cricket Club's 20:20 match will benefit cricket-loving refugees in Berlin
- Cheers and smiles as mayor opens new play area
- Go ahead for Rabley Wood View housing: planning inspectorate grant Manton Estate's appeal
- The Bear reveals ambitious new chef
- Muddle and confusion as Aldbourne's youth grant denied by Area Board
- After her resignation Mrs Perry relishes new freedom to debate 'crucial issues'
- Marlborough swelters with record overnight temperature
- Solicitor joins Withy King's private client team
- Hottest day of the year for Marlborough in Bloom judging
- 17th Century fashion explored at the Merchant’s House
- Motor stunt show rolls into Marlborough
- Construction work officially starts on Renaissance Retirement apartments
- Two Marlboroughs take a leaf out of each other’s book