This morning, Friday 9 December, Marlborough's Mayor, Councillor Noel Barrett-Morton visited the Prospect Outreach Centre in Savernake Hospital to present a cheque for £2,040 that is being used to purchase a new lifting cushion device, enabling a person to be lifted safely from the floor to the sitting position by
The story of Abdul Musa Adam must surely become a film. Aged seven he fled from Darfur in the Sudan after his parents and two sisters were killed when their village was bombed in
There's going to be a purple look to Marlborough next spring - the purple of crocuses. Members of the Marlborough and District Rotary Club are planting 5,000 corms of purple crocuses in places around the town - a colourful reminder that polio still affects many children.
Councillors on the Finance and Policy Committee have agreed to provisionally recommend a rise for the financial year
Marlborough Town Council's planning meeting on Monday (December 5) could not take place as several councillors had gone down with flu and the committee was inquorate. But those members of the committee who could attend did hear a question from the public.
The month began with mostly dry days and daytime temperatures around the average for November with air frosts on seven successive nights. This changed dramatically from the sixteenth as winds backed into a westerly quadrant with very wet days, the wettest being the 19 November with 25.2mm.
The event gives discerning shoppers the opportunity to browse around dozens of shops in a relaxed atmosphere, free from the bustle of a normal working day
Last week Claire Perry MP began her question to the Prime Minister (November 30) with a little pat on Theresa May's back: "As the Prime Minister leads us towards a smart and smooth Brexit - as I like to call it, a 'smexit'..."
Marlborough Town went into Saturday’s game against Royal Wootton Bassett Town Reserves top of the Wiltshire Senior League looking to maintain their good run of form having won the last six games in a row.
The first half got off to a
Elcot Business Park-based Callia Web won the accolades in the Cambridgeshire Digital Awards for a website it had designed for a client in the county.
- Struggling Marlborough Ladies lose to Melksham
- Marlborough Medical Practice and Pewsey Surgery to merge - to meet shortage of GPs
- Liz Neild, Artist and key member of the Lockeridge community
- Marlborough's Christmas charity events - carols and much, much more
- SWIFT Medics benefit from the big banks' bad behaviour
- Police are appealing for information and urging residents to be vigilant following an incident in Marlborough yesterday
- Plans for new Marlborough music festival revealed
- £10,000 music festival for young people sold just 21 tickets
- Drug dealer spared community service as he’s found a job
- Football: Marlborough Town go top of Wiltshire League with win against Trowbridge
- Kingsbury Street residents tell councillors their traffic & parking problems are safety issues
- Marlborough gets its fair share of Angus rain, but no flooding
- Marlborough town councillors agree to buy two studio flats in Kingsbury Street
- NHS regulator lifts warning notice on Great Western Hospital after improvements to A&E
- Marlborough High Street plunged into winter gloom after Christmas lights go out
- If you missed the Christmas lights switch-on, you missed a musical treat
- Superdrug is coming to Marlborough
- Santa’s sleigh, free parking, and late-night shopping – Marlborough gears up for Christmas
- No Christmas tree by 10 December? Then pop down to Burbage for the annual Christmas Tree Sale
- Plans for the future of the NHS in Wiltshire are not 'contentious' - first glimpse of the 'STP'
- Judge issues warrant for arrest of Axford drug dealer
- Clouds and rain keep away as Marlborough's Remembrance Sunday Parade enjoys glorious crisp autumn sunlight
- Local farmer wins top award for England's most improved herd of Herefords
- Climber Jake Meyer has reached many summits, had many adventures - you can hear his mountain stories at his Marlborough lecture
- Claire Perry takes a few swipes at 'patently unfit' Trump
- Wiltshire Council cuts spending again in bid to avoid £8million to £10million black hole
- Screwfix Burglary - Police appeal for information
- Councillors give unanimous - no strings - support to a Pelham Puppet Festival next July
- Love at first sight for Preshute Primary School's new headteacher
- Rick Stein guest house in the High Street gets go ahead from Wiltshire Council
- Plans are now fully underway to get the George Lane toilets ready by Spring
- Most town councillors vote for a full housing needs assessment for the Marlborough Area Neighbourhood Plan
- Police and crime commissioner warns of 'hidden risks' of cut to benefits cap
- Can Town Council's proposal for housing needs assessment stop the great Marlborough sell-off?
- 'Have You Forgotten Yet?’ - Marlborough College remembers those that fell in The Great War
- Oil strike in Hungerford - Art dealer Justin Cook opens new gallery
- Networking lunch will celebrate Marlborough’s status as a Fairtrade Town
- Latest Marlborough College dorm plans to go on display
- October - where was the rain?
- Your indispensable guide to fireworks displays
- Watch your purse Police advise after numerous thefts
- Barbury Castle Estate: sale confirmed - 'business as usual' for Alan King and horse trials
- We will learn something about new plans for Wiltshire's NHS by the middle of November - but even then not everything about them
- HR expert gives advice on caring for employees who are carers
- Government minister gets warm reception at fire station
- 15,500 no-shows for GP Practice appointments across Wiltshire in three months
- Feast of Food raises Feast of Funds for Cancer Research
- Brighter Futures says thanks a million to fundraisers for its radiotherapy appeal
- Will Marlborough police station close? Commissioner doesn’t say yes… but doesn’t say no either
- Good news for commuters as Junction 15 upgrade is announced