A networking meeting hosted at Savernake View nursing home in Marlborough by Carer Support Wiltshire on Thursday, November 10 will be addressed by Avril Porter of The
Mr Lewis received a guided tour of the fire station and community elements, and was given information on rural fire safety, the Service’s youth engagement programmes and road safety initiatives.
An equivalent of 516 days of general practitioner time for Wiltshire patients was lost during July, August & September because people failed to attend more than 15,500 booked GP, nurse and healthcare assistant appointments across the county’s fifty-five GP Practices.
Known as ‘Did Not Attend’ appointments - or DNAs -
The crowds flocked to Marlborough College’s Norwood Hall yesterday (Sunday 23 October) for the Feast of Food, organised by the Marlborough Cancer Research Committee, which is expected to have raised over £12,000 for Cancer Research.
With a gathering of mayoral chains and two very large cheques, Great Western Hospitals' Brighter Futures Fund said a massive 'thank you' to its many fundraisers for pushing its radiotherapy appeal total over the million pound mark.
The project was given the green light by the Government yesterday (Thursday). It will see the southbound carriageway of the
Another in Marlborough.News' occasional series of profiles about people and their roles in the life of the Marlborough Area - taking our cue from the book published for the Millennium: MARLBOROUGH PEOPLE
The East Wiltshire Community Policing Team was launched on Monday (October 17). Officers now receive an intelligence briefing at their ‘designated base location’ before going out on their shifts.
It looks very much as though Marlborough is facing another loss to its social fabric. After the secretive closure of the St Margaret's Mead homeless hostel, the social housing owned by housing association Guinness Partnership at Moffat House on the London Road is to be emptied and sold.
The founder of an organisation that helps businesses to become more ethical says Corporate Social Responsibility, Sustainability, Purposeful Business, and Creating Shared Value must be more than just buzzwords.
Bill Huxley, who founded Business Against Poverty to support the work of the Trowbridge-based charity People Against Poverty, told business leaders
- Here's another one: Wiltshire Council's efforts to stop trucks getting into Silverless Street are simply not working
- Marlborough in Bloom’s bouquet of awards presented at last night’s AGM
- 'Beating Bowel Cancer' benefits by £1,000 thanks to the efforts of the ougoing chair of Marlborough & District Rotary Club
- It's going to be fun: St Peter's Church welcomes a young pianist and her menagerie of classical pieces
- Claire Perry (with a bit of help from some junior apprentices) breaks the ground for the new St Mary’s Primary School
- Joy and meditation when Sir Peter Beale conducts singers of the Avebury Vocal Ensemble in Aldbourne
- Football: Marlborough Town Ladies suffer defeat in tough home game
- Business leaders to get a lesson in ethics
- Custody for man who abused five-year-old girl
- Toys, chalkboard, aprons and cars for Manton Pre-School courtesy of Marlborough Town Council
- Just another Marlborough Saturday? Some people got a taste of Little Mop's delights - others were tasting the delights of Rick Stein Restaurant's inaugural evening
- Afternoon entertainment for members of Marlborough’s Jubilee Centre enabled by a grant from the Town Council
- Does anyone know what the speed limit is in the Hilliers Yard/George Lane car parks?
- Barmaid and boyfriend who faked armed robbery avoid prison
- If the teenage years are as difficult for parents as for teenagers - how can we all cope?
- Rick Stein tells Marlborough.News about his plans for a High Street guest house
- More Blooming Success for Marlborough with a Silver Gilt for the town whilst ‘The Lamb’ is judged best floral display in a pub
- Fresh designs for proposed College boarding house unveiled
- Final exhibition and sale of work for Marlborough’s inspirational Art Teacher, Karon Staniland
- The NHS in crisis: Wiltshire's health services hit by staff shortages - and we have not got to Brexit yet
- Marlborough LitFest 2016 sets a new standard - with sell-outs and colours to remember
- Tourism plan for Great West Way through Marlborough gets the go-ahead
- Marlborough Jazz Festival ‘won’t go ahead in current form’ in 2017
- Rotary Club chalks up another first for women in Marlborough
- Iron Age surprise: Silbury Hill gets a young friend in the north - a large mound in Yorkshire
- LitFest 2016's Golding Speaker: a real treat of an evening with Lionel Shriver
- Historic tree chopped following lightning strike
- Former publicans admit staging armed robbery
- Marlborough LitFest 2016: Writer and historian Tom Holland on King Athelstan
- Alcoholic teen who brandished cleaver and threatened to torch caravan avoids jail
- Two Help for Heroes veterans make Art Exhibition debut at The White Horse
- September - second warmest in spite of below average sunshine
- Countryfile’s Adam Henson Visits Savernake View Care Home
- Dr Nick has been back to Calais working as a doctor in the migrant camp: will it be there next time?
- ‘Where there’s muck there’s brass!’ - So true as a Metal Detection day in Alton Priors raises £1,200 for Julia’s House.
- Future of Barbury Castle Estate: sale now being advertised with guide price of £20 million
- Fuses blow as most of Area Board grant for Marlborough Christmas lights is approved
- NHS financial crisis: Wiltshire to limit IVF treatments - reluctantly
- New hope for iconic but dilapidated Wiltshire building
- Wiltshire Air Ambulance's new mascot makes debut public appearance at Burbage school
- St Mary's School's Chilli Triathlon Challenge raises funds for PE equipment in the new school
- Nigel Bunter puts Barbury Castle Estate up for sale - future of International Horse Trials and training yard in the balance
- Helicopter scrambled in search for missing man
- Moving words as mayor cuts ribbon to new dementia centre
- One hundred free seats for pre-release showing of the film 'Starfish' at Marlborough College
- Christmas card captures Marlborough – and Wiltshire’s new Air Ambulance – in all their glory
- NHS' summer crisis: Wiltshire's soaring number of hospital bed days lost to delayed discharge of patients
- This Saturday! A music event in Marlborough for young people starring local musicians
- Football: Marlborough Ladies shot down by Spitfires
- Barbury Castle Estate sheep take four top prizes at Royal Berkshire County Show