Wiltshire Council have issued an order allowing the A346/Herd Street to be closed on Sunday, June 11 so that repairs to a sewer can be carried out for Thames Water. It is expected the work will be completed within one day.
What's all this we read and hear about nurses reaching retirement age? Great Western Hospital's STAR of the Month is Sister Starr - the award gave her full name: Antoinette Starr. But everyone calls her Toni.
Two hundred and sixteen years of education in The Parade will come to an end when Marlborough's iconic school building - presently home to Marlborough St Mary's junior section - closes its doors for the last time on July 19.
Barbury International Horse Trials, now in its twenty-first year, has launched a new business club, designed to make the event appealing to small and medium-sized businesses in Wiltshire and along the M4 corridor. The 2017 trials run from Thursday, July 6 to Sunday, July 9.
Now that Wiltshire Council have no use for Marlborough's Youth Centre - after, that is, it becomes a General Election polling station on June 8 - the new Town Council agreed at its first full meeting (May 22) to sign a lease on the building.
About ten per cent of NHS doctors (not all of them GPs) are EU nationals - so unless the post-Brexit status
The new Marlborough St Mary’s school was awarded a grant of £11,638 from the Community Area Grants Scheme at last night’s (23 May) Area Board meeting to go towards the purchase of interactive white boards. This represents approximately one-third of the overall cost of this equipment.
Julia Russett, owner and florist at Robins Flowers, based in Burbage, is celebrating the award of a bronze medal for her floral art arrangement at the Royal Horticultural Society's 2017 Chelsea Flower Show.
This is only the second time Julia has entered the competition, and she is delighted with the
- With twenty years experience Marlborough LINK says "Volunteering with us is fun and rewarding!"
- Marlborough Downs Space for Nature scheme is in it for the long haul
- New Master announced for Marlborough College
- Marlborough Jazz returns with a Gala Event at the Town Hall in July
- Leicester City man promoted to Premier League position as Marlborough's 707th mayor
- A Lifetime Achievement Award for former Mayor Tony Gray
- The Bees are coming: author announced for Marlborough LitFest’s Big Town Read
- At Crofton Beam Engines: Wiltshire & World War One...home life & women's role
- Vunipola power added to drive Marlborough Rugby Club forward
- New Marlborough St Mary’s School on target and ready to open in September
- Fyfield & West Overton Parish Council object to Vodafone/02 mast pre-application plans - coverage too ineffective
- Reach for the Skies! Sky Dive to raise money for Burbage Primary School
- GENERAL ELECTION: Six candidates standing in the Devizes Constituency
- Brighter Futures, Arts Together and Marlborough St Mary's helped by grants awarded by Friends of Savernake
- OBITUARY: Dr Trevor John Tiplady - Ramsbury's long-serving & much loved GP - and Aldbourne resident
- Young people want better access to mental health services in Wiltshire
- Aldbourne's Scarecrow Trail returns again - for a third year
- Nick Fogg almost unseated by admin error at last Friday’s Wiltshire Council election count
- Avebury's historic chapel has been sold
- Jack Wills to open new outlet in Marlborough
- High Street matters: safes removed from closed HSBC branch, a sale and another restaurant closure
- Property developers sell £2m of retirement apartments at one event
- General Election: four candidates so far announced for Devizes Constituency
- Running the off-road Marlborough Downs Challenge raises funds for children in Ghana
- Elected......to Wiltshire Council
- GWH gets a capital grant to help solve A&E crisis - but where can they find the staff?
- Jeremy York's novel Uneasy Sleepers was inspired by his own experiences in the Cold War
- A unique exhibition: Katharine House Gallery hosts Peter O’Toole's eclectic collection
- They all wore red and white for eleven year-old Mikey Britten's funeral
- Burglary in Ducks Meadow - Police appeal for information
- Marlborough's April weather: not perhaps the cruellest month, but nearly the driest
- Marlborough in gridlock again: gas leak causes major traffic delays through the town
- Man faces jail for road rage assault on Pewsey driver
- Young Marlborough golf pro Ben Amor secures sponsorship deal with Hills Group
- Fairy fun comes to Pewsey
- Narrow victory for MTFC U18s v Marlborough College in Inaugural William S Bambridge Shield fixture
- Wiltshire Police to get remote access to Marlborough's CCTV coverage
- Izzy Bizu to pop into Sound Knowledge during Record Store Day
- SALISBURY ROAD DEVELOPMENT: Redrow Homes submit detailed plans to Wiltshire Council - fewer homes to be built
- Eighty artists show their work ahead of summer Trail
- Honeystreet's Barge Inn makes a fresh start with its new Italian owners
- Easter Passion aroused as Jerusalem arrives in Marlborough
- Marlborough LitFest branches out with a June day celebrating summer & nature writing
- A varied selection of Easter Weekend events for those who like all kinds of egg hunts - and other entertainments
- Wiltshire Council rejects planning application for waste recycling plant on Manton Drove
- Schools’ Mini Passion Plays Pave the Way for Marlborough Community Passion Saturday April 15th
- Do you know you live in the North Wessex Downs? A new guide will help you explore
- Marlborough LitFest: BBC’s Frank Gardner & a celebration of William Golding's 'Marlborough novel' amongst 2017 line-up
- Pewsey to lose its last bank
- NHS staffing: government imposed below inflation pay cap hits morale at GWH