Councillor Noel Barrett-Morton was at the launch of Carer Support Wiltshire’s Time for Carers appeal, which aims to
The Marlborough medical Practice will be merging with Pewsey Surgery on 1 April 2017 - and will be known as the Kennet and Avon Medical Partnership. The plan for the merger was first revealed in November.
But with families in rural isolation, few employment opportunities within walking distance and little public transport availability, hard-to-heat old houses, and the bottom rung of the property
Over the past few days a housing questionnaire has been dropping through the letterbox of every household in the Marlborough Town Council area, covering Mildenhall, Preshute and Savernake as well as the town itself.
The survey is designed identify the housing needs across the Marlborough area communities, something that hasn’t
There are profound concerns over the political situation in The Gambia which reaches a climax tomorrow night (Wednesday, January 18) when the newly elected President Adama Barrow should take office, but current President Yahya Jammeh is still trying to cling to power.
The incident happened at the Barleycorn Inn at Collingbourne Kingston, on December 19 at approximately 1.30am.
A 20-year-old local man was assaulted, and sustained bruising to his face and pain
The incident happened at approximately on January 11 8.15pm at an address in Reeds Ground, Marlborough.
Marlborough Town Council last night (16 January) voted to set a precept of £182.67 (Band D equivalent), an increase of 16.55% over the current year’s level. This equates to an increase of 50p per week for those residents on Band D.
The Government's plans for a fairer funding formula for England's schools has come under attack from six unions involved in education. Based on government figures their School Cuts campaign estimates that by 2019 ninety-eight per cent of schools face real term reductions in their annual funding budgets.
Has the government been serious about supporting the construction of affordable homes using Section 106 money paid by developers building normal residential housing? Marlborough's recent experience and the past record of the Exeter-based consultancy, which boasts the name of "S106 Management", would suggest that it has not been very serious
- A plea from Wiltshire's GPs: If you cannot keep an appointment at your local surgery or medical practice - please let them know
- Loos news: council feeling flush after tapping into funding stream
- People of Marlborough ‘should have a say over future of St Peter’s School’
- Police appeal for witnesses after Aldbourne burglary
- Bike shop Bertie Maffoons closes doors
- NHS' hospital crisis: Wiltshire's clinical commissioners warn people to think twice before attending A&E
- Master of Marlborough College, Jonathan Leigh announces retirement date
- Five goals in second half see Marlborough Ladies fall to top-of-table Swindon team
- Good news and bad for motorists as The Parade is resurfaced
- 20mph zone in Marlborough ‘would reduce pollution and accidents’
- Christmas Carol Concert in the Marlborough College Chapel raises more than £5,000 for ‘Hope and Home for Children’
- College’s new boarding house gets a thumbs up from councillors
- Councillors condemn waiving of Granham Hill development fee
- Residents urged to be vigilant following suspicious incident at Lockeridge
- PVADS Cinderella begins this week
- Cannabis factory owner faces jail
- Granham Hill garage site: development to go ahead after Wiltshire Council agrees to drop affordable housing contribution
- Marlborough’s substantial new Primary School now open for Applications
- ‘Record turnout’ to planning meeting as council considers Village Green proposals
- Marlborough Community Passion Play: preparations gather pace - professional actor to play Jesus
- Need a kitchen knife that's sharp and balanced just for you? Savernake Knives will make it for you
- Marlborough College Summer School 2017 is launched - and there’s ‘something for everyone’
- Four men sentenced for attacks on cash machines - including one behind Waitrose in Marlborough
- Will Self to open Marlborough’s 2017 literature festival
- Marlborough's weather chalks up another 2016 headline: December was the driest month of the year
- Review: local author's vivid tale of a woman's unequal struggle for independence in Victorian Britain and its violent Empire
- 'Outstanding': Brendoncare Froxfield is in top one per cent of English care homes
- Marlborough's Christmas Day lunch: more lunchers, many volunteers, good neighbourliness - and good cheer
- Jail for former drug dealer who brandished hatchet
- Ownership of Savernake Hospital to change again - what will this mean for its future?
- Horse carriage stolen during burglary at a Marlborough farm
- More Marlborough area homes to get superfast broadband - fairly soon
- Obituary: John Powell - former Burbage postmaster and stalwart supporter of the village - has died aged 84
- School’s X Factor competition hits the right note with students
- Obituary: Johnny O'Keeffe war veteran & former town cryer has died aged 93
- Margaret Rose, last year’s Mayor of Marlborough follows up her Mayoral Charity drive for the Brain Tumour Charity with a lobby of Parliament
- Never find an Angel whenever you need one at this time of year - they are all booked for the Nativity plays!
- Home to Assess: GWH pilots new scheme for earlier discharge to free up beds & relieve pressure on A&E
- When shall I put my bins out? Read this!
- STP WATCH: NHS plan for future healthcare in 'footprint' that includes Wiltshire is finally published - it's a work in progress
- Harry Hyams leaves Ramsbury Manor, cars and art collection to the nation
- Marlborough roads in need of repair are being overlooked by Wiltshire Council - ‘slipped off the list… by accident’
- Gambia crisis: Marlborough friends of Gunjur anxious after President's refusal to accept election defeat
- Royds Withy King raises over £6.5k for Prospect Hospice
- “This orchestra gets better and better" - a review of Marlborough Concert Orchestra Winter Concert
- Good eating is back at No. 2 London Road - it's Dan's Restaurant
- Mayor Noel’s Town Council award helps Prospect Outreach at Savernake take the strain
- Football: Marlborough Town Ladies go into 2017 with optimism
- Civil engineering firm appoints Marlborough man to top job
- Greatwood graduate from Darfur conflict nominated for Daily Mirror Pride of Sport award