Marlborough's eagerly-awaited new cinema in The Parade has had the opening date put back to Autumn 2020.
General election hustings: could the candidates find an equation linking lack of trust in politicians and votes at sixteen?
It was a wet and windy evening and the warnings that a December election would not really work loomed large - but proved irrelevant. St Mary's Church was full - extra chairs were needed and there were even some people standing at the back.
Pulling pints to pulling teeth? Councillors object to proposed change of The White Harte to Dental Surgery
application to convert the iconic Conservative Club building, currently run as The White Harte restaurant & bar into a Dental Surgery."How can you take a prime retail unit out of the High Street and replace it with a Dental Surgery?". This was the question posed by Councillors at last night's (Monday 2 December) Planning Committee meeting of the Town Council when presented with the
This coming Wednesday (27 November) Marlborough's electors will have the opportunity to meet and question the four candidates standing to be the Devizes constituency MP in next month's General Election.
More Articles ...
- Premier Inn staff give Marlborough’s Scout Hut a facelift
- Odds-on December reopening for Manton's Outside Chance
- St Michael's School’s rain garden is officially open
- Next weekend Newbury Racecourse showcases great jumps racing - with added fashion and fun for all
- Christmas arrives in Marlborough as the lights go on
- St John’s Academy equestrian squad goes from strength to strength
- A Christmas call from our local foodbank: 'Please donate to the UK’s largest charity food collection'
- WANTED! - a new Town Councillor
- 20mph limit now in force across the central area of Marlborough
- Marlborough Rugby: A triumph by the narrowest of margins on a cold and grey Autumnal day
- Kennet Valley School pupils learn important life-saving skills
- NEWBURY RACECOURSE: OUR LADBROKES TROPHY DAY COMPETITION - the five winners are...
- Lights-On Friday: kicks off with a blast from headliners Wilding and Barrelhouse while BBC's James Thomas switches on the display
- Teddy bears’ tea party raises funds for Children in Need at Kennet Valley School
- St Francis School celebrates World Kindness Day
- Remembrance ceremony on pitch held as youth football returns to Great Bedwyn after a long 11-year gap
- Charity Carol Service for Hope and Homes - tickets selling fast
- "Return ticket please - Bedwyn to London & back": new rail timetable sees faster travel but some fares can double in cost
- Foodbank calls on candidates to pledge to protect people from hunger as demand mushrooms
- Marlborough Rugby: Victory over both Windsor and the elements on a rough Saturday afternoon
- Marlborough falls silent at 11am, marking the centenary of the Two Minute Silence
- Remembrance Sunday Parade - 10 November
- 'Fine Lines' opens in Hughenden Yard to put new life into old furniture
- Chilton Foliat's 'The Wheatsheaf' scoops top prize at Food Made Good Awards
- Conservatives select Prime Minister's political aide as Devizes candidate
- War of words as Tory party constituency association moves to select General Election candidate
- A little political history: December's General Election calls time on Claire Perry O'Neill's years as our MP
- James Thomas, Wilding and Barrelhouse to lead Marlborough’s Christmas Lights extravaganza on Friday Nov 22
- St John’s Academy student wins prize in national art competition
- OBITUARY: Christine Spray - for many years a key part of Marlborough's community
- Devizes Conservative candidate selection : the three names revealed
- Windsor to Nepal - cycling to the roof of the world
- Devizes constituency: uncertainty over Tory selection process
- 'Magnificat' to lead Marlborough Choral Society's Christmas concert
- The Big Forest Find at Savernake Forest
- October in Marlborough was 83 per cent wetter than the 35-year average - we can all believe that!
- Marlborough Big Band’s fund raising concert for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Famara: art inspired fashion – new shop opens in Hughenden Yard
- New florist blooms in Wagon Yard
- Devizes constituency: Conservatives choose six to find a new candidate - and Labour Party candidate is named
- Wiltshire Council updates its logo - and loses its slogan
- OBITUARY: Judy Miles - Bletchley Park de-coder, journalist & Marlborough personality
- Dan's back - now open at The Crown in The Parade
- Rabley Wood View: Consultation programme starts on Monday 28 for the latest application
- FREE PARKING in Marlborough this Saturday
- Happy Birthday, Evelyn - 100 today!
- Marlborough Rugby: Final whistle couldn't come quickly enough as Marlborough hang on for victory over Beaconsfield
- Extinction Rebellion: Marlborough protestor arrested in Whitehall
- The Macmillan bus to bring free cancer support to Marlborough
- Aldbourne Band Retain UK Top 20 Status at National Finals in The Albert Hall