Those who attended Ramsbury School or St Mary’s School in the 1980s will remember ‘Mrs Devonshire’, an inspiring primary school teacher who loved children and who taught them a love of nature and art and to be creative, curious and independent.
A 'tough' financial climate for the NHS in Wiltshire - winter pressures, a case of flu and shrinking moneyFrom one day to another, nationally the finances of the NHS go from 'tight' to 'awful' to 'desperate'. The latest financial turmoil came as Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group was outlining to its board the detailed planning that has gone into their preparations for winter.
Year 7’s at St. John’s were treated to a hands on workshop with all sorts of exotic creepy crawlies and snakes when Jonathan’s Jungle Roadshow visited the school on Tuesday November 28.
Based just outside Marlborough Greatwood is a charity that takes in retired racehorses and combines their rehabilitation with educational programmes for disadvantaged children and adults with special educational needs (SEN).
Savernake death crash: trial of two accused of causing death by dangerous driving starts at Salisbury Crown CourtThe trial of Jordan Blake and Alexander May, both jointly charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of hospital receptionist Jane Thompson on the A4 near Savernake Hospital on June 9 last year started this morning (Monday 4 December) at Salisbury Crown Court.
24hr Music Marathon this weekend (1,2 December) at Marlborough College to raise funds for the Bobby Cox fund
A 24hr non-stop Music Marathon is being held this weekend (2 / 3 December) at Marlborough College across a range of venues there in memory of Bobby Cox and in support of the Bobby Cox fund which in turn supports the Brain Tumour Charity and the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford.
Santa’s Workshop – a festive play for all the family by St John's students in aid of Hannah's Trees charitySt John’s BTEC Performing Arts Tech Award students are performing ‘Santa’s Workshop’ on Tuesday 12 December at 6.30pm in Marlborough Town Hall and Wednesday 13 December at St John’s Theatre on the Hill and raising money for the charity Hannah’s Trees in the process.
Amanda Jones, together with son, Sam, are the proud owners of Marlborough Auction Rooms. Their first auction will be held this Wednesday, November 29 at Marlborough Golf Club.
November: the month began with mild temperatures by day, 14.4C on 1 November but the nights were cold. There were three nights when the thermometer dropped below zero producing a minimum of -2.1C on the morning of 6 November.
Rabley Wood View amenity land sell-off: Wiltshire Council publishes notice making way for cabinet decision
As marlborough.news has reported, the final round in the planning application to build 39 homes on amenity land off Rabley Wood View will come with a decision by Wiltshire Council's cabinet - not the full Council - as to whether they will sell the land.
Cabinet decision sought for Wiltshire Council's sale of amenity land off Rabley Wood View for housing
The saga of the planning application by Manton House Estate to build 39 houses on amenity land off Rabley Wood View will end - it seems - in a decision by Wiltshire Council's cabinet on January 30.
Graham Seaman, BBC Wiltshire's lunchtime (12-2pm) host is popping back to school for a few lessons on Thursday this week (30 November).
More Articles ...
- Gogglebox arrives in Waitrose Cafe on Christmas Lights Day - Friday 1 December
- Black Belt Karate expert encourages St John’s Year 8 to banish their inner ninjas!
- St John’s is Alive with the Sound of Music!
- A Marlborough Christmas – Lights, Music, Markets and Much More
- What is the real price of a parking space? A share of £25,000?
- From Little Acorns Great Oaks Grow
- Town Council's robust letter to Wiltshire Council on their parking consultation
- Is Marlborough about to be joined with Swindon in a new development area?
- Carers Rights Day: Does your employer care? That’s the £30,000 question
- Putting names onto the new part of Marlborough's street map
- New Head, New Vision for Pewsey Vale School
- With the Big Give Christmas Challenge donations to local charity Action Through Enterprise can be doubled
- Marlborough St Mary's Primary School and the new crossing point over George Lane: "An accident waiting to happen"
- Great Bedwyn: another community in need of affordable homes - but what about its social housing?
- BREXIT: there are issues specific to people in our area that will have to be addressed - and that process does need watching
- Marlborough Hockey Club achieve Clubmark accreditation
- A New Career as a Teacher? Excalibur Teaching School Alliance’s first Cohort of trainees are in the classroom!
- Huge increase in threats to England’s celebrated landscapes from major housing developments
- MantonFest Pedals for Pudsey!
- A new charity opens in Wiltshire...and Africa - with support from Gambia's President
- After the Armistice, Marlborough's ceremony of Remembrance
- Review: Victoria Jinivizian's 'Interior Lives' - rooms we can view at our leisure
- ARK's work for the River Kennet to flow further downstream
- The rebirth of Cinema within Marlborough - old Chapel in the Parade to become the town's new screen
- Back to Fitness with Buggybabes
- Armistice..... Marlborough falls silent for two minutes
- "The train leaving...": Claire Perry pushes for new rail link - but it's not Marlborough's
- "Whip crack-away! Whip crack-away! Whip crack-away!" - Stagecoach Marlborough expands under new management
- Marlborough’s Mace Store Wins National Award
- Popular television wildlife star Steve Backshall plants an apple tree for Burbage Primary School
- Overland to Gunjur in the Gambian Disco Express to raise funds for Brandt Group
- Marlborough's new music festival may be called 'Marlborough Rising'
- Date set for official launch of Marlborough Community and Youth Centre - with McCarthy & Stone willing to help
- Wiltshire's NHS: the new chairman of the Clinical Commissioning Group looks ahead
- Questions raised by former town councillors: on rents - again, Cooper's Meadow sheep - again...and Edward Heath
- Rare bikes stolen during a burglary in Lockeridge
- Is Wiltshire's waste & recycling consultation moving towards three weekly collections?
- MARLBOROUGH PEOPLE TODAY: from Head of St John's to a South Atlantic island - and back
- The Marlborough Brandt Lecture: can lessening global poverty continue in the face of conflict, climate change & in-built inequality?
- “Be the best you can be” - Paralympian Inspires Preshute Pupils
- 'Orphans of the Sea' - Special exhibition to commemorate 190 years of the Royal Merchant Navy Education Foundation
- Big back-to-school surprise for pupils at Baydon St Nicholas - a new Adventure Playground!
- Marlborough's weather: that was the driest October since at least 1984 - and the River Kennet needs lots of rain
- Yet another parking story - this time the questions that you want Wiltshire to answer
- Marlborough butcher shop is finalist in Butcher Shop of the Year 2017
- The Food Gallery tries a different way to support a charity
- Wiltshire Council parking consultation: call to declare it null & void - now changes threaten future of Marlborough's Christmas lights switch-on
- Beckampton 'utter maniac' driver jailed for dangerous driving after causing smash in fog
- Growing sense of Outrage at Wiltshire's Parking Charge proposals, particularly the 80%+ increase for some Permits
- Kennet's University of the Third Age celebrates its twenty-fifth birthday