East Wilts Mencap's Marlborough group will be able to run a special day out for members thanks to Waitrose and their Green Token scheme, which raised £306 to make this possible.
"Please listen to us…" St. John’s student appeals to Wiltshire Council over the future of St.Peter’s School building
In 2016 when Marlborough’s infant and junior schools merged under the name Marlborough St Mary’s, the Marlborough magazine Tower and Town devoted a special issue to St Peter’s Junior School - before the name vanished into history.
Pelham 1, 2, 3 Kingsbury Street: blue plaque unveiled to commemorate what would have been Bob Pelham's 100th birthday
To mark what would have been Bob Pelham's 100th birthday, his standing in Marlborough's history was commemorated earlier this afternoon (Thursday 28 February) when a blue plaque was unveiled on the side of the curved building at the bottom of Kingsbury Street, Nos 1, 2, and 3 where Pelham Puppets graduated from it's first incarnation, Wonky Toys.
Marlborough.news has been alerted to the example of a town with a redundant police station that is now to become a medical centre.
Another step forward in reorganising Wiltshire's NHS : a few steps further and the NHS will be coping with Brexit
reported how 'Very quietly the NHS for our area is once again being reorganised'. Now a new senior NHS appointment brings these changes into full view.In November marlborough.news
More Articles ...
- Town Hall charity ball raises £13,000 for Sarcoma UK
- Swindon Choral Society return to Marlborough College Chapel - & soprano Leigh Michelow returns to Marlborough
- Hughenden Yard: Marlborough’s ‘Packaging Not Included’ is a big hit with shoppers
- 'Beating the Bounds' - 12-mile Spring Boundary Walk around Marlborough to raise funs for Marlborough Lions
- Waitrose theft: Man arrested in Chiseldon
- An impassioned plea for freedom & justice: Ben Okri to be Marlborough LitFest 2019’s Golding Speaker
- Widespread use of 'Drug wipes' by Police leads to a big increase in drug driving arrests
- Rabley Wood View development: Developer promises 40% 'affordable housing' but no replacement play area for at least two years
- Merchant's House granted a further seven year lease at a peppercorn rent
- Marlborough Rugby: Skill, grit and togetherness see Marlborough against unbeaten Newbury on The Common
- Marlborough Youth Football Club get 'Bags of Help' equipment for the Youth Centre courtesy of Tesco and the Town Council
- Climate crisis banner appears on Marlborough’s Town Hall
- Oscar putts in the effort to win Marlborough Golf Club’s Junior of the Year award
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner at Pewsey’s Good Food Garage
- St John's student wins a place in the final of UK Bebras Computational Thinking Challenge
- Marlborough area's growing infrastructure deficit: is St John's losing out?
- Marlborough Rugby: Narrow victory for Marlborough on The Common as visitors miss last minute drop goal
- Kennet Valley pupils feel the rhythm…
- St. John’s students rise to the robot challenge - with help from Redrow
- Pies, glorious pies….Marlborough’s newest take away
- Chilton Foliat Primary School and village formally welcome new headteacher
- World War One commemorative wood planted on Marlborough Common
- Kennet Valley Primary School pupils learn about Brexit
- Wiltshire Council's budget for 2019-2020 means massive savings and cuts
- 3…2…1…ignition! Pewsey Primary pupils count down with astronaut George for a space adventure
- May the Force be with you - Robert Watts visits Marlborough College to share experiences from the other side of the Star Wars lens
- Life after GCSEs – Pewsey Vale students follow their dreams
- Sourdough arrives in Marlborough with Rudies micro-bakery
- Marlborough's January weather: what came before the snow was pretty dry, but not as pretty as the snow
- Marlborough under snow...
- Creating a buzz…Collingbourne Primary pupils colour their way to the top
- Brimslade air crash: inquest unable to find cause for fatal accident in July 2017
- A pub for the heart of Lockeridge.... Who'd A Thought It?
- Future of Marlborough's soon-to-be-redundant police station is still shrouded in uncertainty
- Cllr Mark Cooper elected as Deputy Mayor for 2019/20
- GWH's celebratory 'thank you' to donors for the Brighter Futures radiotherapy appeal's success
- REVIEW: John Virtue paintings at the White Horse Gallery - energy, immediacy, confidence…and scale
- A346 Safety Campaign at Ogbourne St George boosted by the support of MP Claire Perry
- New columnist: marlborough.news welcomes Molly Scott Cato - Green Party MEP
- Sale of St Peter's School: whatever became of 'working with the local community'?
- Marlborough welcomes the new Bishop of Ramsbury
- Strong Waitrose support for the town shown as two cheques are presented at the Full Town Council meeting
- Blue Plaque / red faces as Marlborough’s blue plaque celebrates the wrong Eglantyne Jebb as the founder of Save the Children Fund
- British Legion Poppy Appeal tops £17,000 with the proceeds of the Armistice Centenary 'Roll of Honour'
- An end to plastic packaging - zero waste shop coming to Marlborough
- Breakfast and banter… new breakfast club for armed forces and veterans to open in Marlborough
- Pewsey Vale School art students' exhibition at the Houses of Parliament
- Maths monkey mischief gets term off to a swinging start at Kennet Valley School
- Yellow line proposals supported by the Town Council for Frees Avenue and The Green
- Winterbourne Monkton villagers over the moon as their pub re-opens