Could your Christmas presents be stolen? Police ask for information following two Marlborough burglaries
Wiltshire Police are asking for help in the recovery of items of jewellery stolen in two separeate burglaries in the Marlborough area. They have re-released photos of stolen jewellery in the hope that they may be recognised by someone who may have received them as gifts.
Year 8 students at St. John’s have been busy collecting items to be donated to the Devizes Foodbank. After an assembly informing the students of the work of The Trussell Trust, the students decided to run what they have called a reverse advent calendar.
Eileen was born in Bedford and educated at Bedford High School for Girls. Leaving with a modest five O-levels, she became a pool typist - which she quickly regretted.
The annual candle lit carol concert, held this year in Marlborough College Chapel on 16 December raised over £4000 for the Wiltshire based charity ‘Hope and Homes for Children”.
The Police and Crime Commissioner for Wiltshire and Swindon, Angus Macpherson has welcomed the Home Office's lifting of the two percent cap on increases in the policing part of council tax bills.
Billy Vunipola, the England Rugby number eight and key member of London's Saracens made an unannounced visit to the Marlborough Rugby Club Clubhouse on Saturday (16 December) afternoon.
Pewsey's Shed Alehouse yet again proves that 'small is beautiful' in Claire Perry's Best Local Pub awards
Best Local Pub Awards'.The Shed Alehouse in Pewsey has picked up yet another award, this time voted the 'Best Pub for Drinks' in Devizes MP Claire Perry's Constituency-wide '
GWH's Brighter Futures radiotherapy appeal breaks through the £2 million mark - before Christmas Day
Here's some very good news as the festive season is upon us: Great Western Hospital's Brighter Futures team have reached their Radiotherapy Appeal’s important £2 million mark - just in time for Christmas.
Marlborough.news asked a random list of people among the many who have helped us in the past year, for their choice of 2017 book, film, television or radio programme. We asked for a hundred words from each of them - it's an intriguing and varied list:
On Thursday (December 14), Wiltshire Police issued this notice: "We are urging caravan owners to be vigilant and take steps to improve security following a number of thefts across the county."
"Between 3 and 4 November, two caravans were stolen from a storage yard in Marlborough Road in Swindon after the suspects cut through padlocks to access them."
The police notice then lists a number of caravan thefts in the county including: "Between 23 and 24 November, a Coachman Amara 520/4 caravan was stolen from a driveway in Brook Street, Marlborough. A wheel clamp was cut and left at the scene."
More Articles ...
- The best kind of early Christmas present! Friday is unwrapping day for the new look Marlborough Community and Youth Centre
- Savernake Death Crash: Ramsbury man sentenced to six years for causing death by dangerous driving
- Claire Perry draws the winners for Pewsey Vale's Small Business Saturday prizes
- No excuse for the Postman: New street to be named after Marlborough hero commemorated on a special WW1 stamp
- Tony Skittrall: Marlborough Town Clerk between 1983 and 1998
- How will winter's chill test the health of the Great Western Hospital's finances and staff?
- As Home-Start Kennet celebrates its thirtieth birthday - there's a call for new trustees
- Town Councillors to debate sale of amenity land off Rabley Wood View for housing
- Tesco's Christmas boost for the Jubilee Centre
- Musician, composer, film-maker, concerned Marlborough resident & much, much more: Alan Grindley has died - aged 72
- I’m a Teacher… Get me out of here! St. John’s Bush Tucker Trial raises money for Brighter Futures
- McCarthy and Stone’s generous support for Marlborough Youth & Community Centre ahead of its opening
- A Marlborough Christmas to raise funds for a trio of charities
- Christmas shoebox gifts for victims of domestic violence
- What was going on in Aldbourne last month? It's Azal & Bok's return to Devil’s End
- Justin Cook's Oil Gallery holds an end of year exhibition of selected artists
- Progress towards integration of Wiltshire's health & social services has slowed down a bit
- Festive fundraising for Hope and Homes for Children
- Diana Devonshire: Teacher and Artist, 'Mrs Devonshire' to many former St Mary's pupils
- Savernake death crash: trial of two accused of causing death by dangerous driving starts at Salisbury Crown Court
- November weather review - a month of fluctuation
- The lights went on and everybody was in: Large crowd welcomes Marlborough's Christmas lights
- Grow your horticultural skills at Sonia Wright's workshops
- Rabley Wood View amenity land sell-off: Wiltshire Council publishes notice making way for cabinet decision
- A 'tough' financial climate for the NHS in Wiltshire - winter pressures, a case of flu and shrinking money
- 24hr Music Marathon this weekend (1,2 December) at Marlborough College to raise funds for the Bobby Cox fund
- Understanding homelessness in our community
- It’s a bug’s life at St John’s
- Santa’s Workshop – a festive play for all the family by St John's students in aid of Hannah's Trees charity
- Cabinet decision sought for Wiltshire Council's sale of amenity land off Rabley Wood View for housing
- A Small Grant Means the Going’s Good at Greatwood!
- Marlborough’s new auction rooms are ready for action
- Tune in to Marlborough St Mary's on Thursday, 30 November, Live on BBC Wiltshire
- Gogglebox arrives in Waitrose Cafe on Christmas Lights Day - Friday 1 December
- Black Belt Karate expert encourages St John’s Year 8 to banish their inner ninjas!
- St John’s is Alive with the Sound of Music!
- A Marlborough Christmas – Lights, Music, Markets and Much More
- What is the real price of a parking space? A share of £25,000?
- From Little Acorns Great Oaks Grow
- Town Council's robust letter to Wiltshire Council on their parking consultation
- Is Marlborough about to be joined with Swindon in a new development area?
- Carers Rights Day: Does your employer care? That’s the £30,000 question
- Putting names onto the new part of Marlborough's street map
- New Head, New Vision for Pewsey Vale School
- With the Big Give Christmas Challenge donations to local charity Action Through Enterprise can be doubled
- Marlborough St Mary's Primary School and the new crossing point over George Lane: "An accident waiting to happen"
- Great Bedwyn: another community in need of affordable homes - but what about its social housing?
- BREXIT: there are issues specific to people in our area that will have to be addressed - and that process does need watching
- Marlborough Hockey Club achieve Clubmark accreditation
- A New Career as a Teacher? Excalibur Teaching School Alliance’s first Cohort of trainees are in the classroom!