Crowns, carriages, flowers, bunting, a mock wedding - even patriotic smoothies! Local schools join the Royal wedding celebrationsPreshute Primary School held a whole day of Royal Wedding Celebrations on the Friday (May 18) - the day before that other and real Royal Wedding.
Lisa Farrell is Marlborough’s 708th town mayor. She was sworn in at the Mayor Making ceremony in the Town Hall on Monday May 14, in front of an audience of councillors, former mayors, community representatives, family and friends and the High Sheriff of Wiltshire, Mrs Nicky Alberry. Councillor Mervyn Hall was elected as Deputy Mayor.
A new law firm with a difference has opened in Marlborough. Marlborough Law Ltd, is run by solicitors, Karen Salmon and Alex Atkins. The firm seeks to offer an affordable service to local people.
This is a news story without much that's very new. Marlborough.news keeps being asked what will happen to Marlborough's police station when it closes.
Marlborough.news has seen an emailed invitation from Councillor Laura Mayes to a meeting of the Conservative Group of Wiltshire councillors.
Sam Ponsford to welcome four refugees on scholarships to College's School of English & Culture this summer
Marlborough College's School of English and Culture that runs alongside the annual Summer School (July 8 to August 4), offers English language tuition and an Open Minds course for British teenagers. This year it will also be welcoming four teenage refugees who are living in Britain and who have won scholarships to join the School's sessions.
Two teams of St John’s Year 7 students have won first and third places in the regional final of ‘Race for the Line’ – a national rocket car racing competition which was held at the MOD at Corsham last week.
More Articles ...
- Boost for music tuition at Marlborough St Mary's courtesy of Marlborough's Slater Music School
- Outdoor education: anger at closure of centres & pleas for Wiltshire Council to allow them to be taken over
- How 30 years of Art Fund support has helped Wiltshire Museum tell the county's story
- No Lottery grant yet for proposed Swindon museum & art gallery - Trust still aim to deliver new home for town's art collections
- GWH's blocked beds: Swindon Council's "immense" improvement - not so Wiltshire
- Make a date to see a bus that catches the essence of pop art - catch it in Marlborough High Street
- Bruce Tulloh: European 5000m gold medallist, coach, author, and athletics pioneer
- Outdoor Education: what does Oxenwood's closure teach us about Wiltshire Council's new ways of working?
- Mayor's charity football match: Marlborough Town Football Club at home to 4 MI Battalion
- Better news for Marlborough’s shoppers and eaters...and house buyers?
- Sunday & Bank Holiday parking charges and permit increases: Wiltshire Council consultation now open - till May 21
- No Bluebell drive through West Woods this year due to the recent bad weather
- April in Marlborough: not so much cruel as just wet - but with a record breaking warm day
- 20mph: Town Councillors back views of big majority of Marlborough residents who responded to consultation
- Marlborough Rugby achieve a last gasp win to secure promotion to highest ever position
- Free Community WiFi introduces Lockeridge to the open digital universe
- Bumper funds for Wiltshire based children’s charity
- Kelham Gardens land - a correction: neighbours do want to buy the land - and only to extend their gardens
- Fun Day in memory of inspirational Shane Hartop at Marlborough Town's Elcot Lane ground on 12 May
- Marlborough LitFest 2018: major contributors William Boyd, Kate Mosse & Katie Hickman are announced
- Bumble Bees attracted to Stonebridge Meadow by a rare feast of Snake's Head Fritillary
- Annual town meeting hears questions about Oxenwood closure & debates introducing 20mph restrictions
- Kelham Gardens land: Wiltshire Council will negotiate over its use as a car park - at what price?
- The Now Vauxhall dealership in George Lane has closed
- OXENWOOD CLOSURE: Wiltshire Council ignoring interest from organisations wanting to continue Oxenwood's work for school children
- They say footfall has fallen in Marlborough High Street - will it improve now the road works have gone?
- Reports: Baroness Scott has agreed to stand down as Wiltshire Council leader...next year
- Local artist's Drinking Horse sculpture gets its own winner's enclosure at Newbury Racecourse
- "A glaring omission" made good - historic Marlborough finally gets its own museum
- Protests mount over Wiltshire Council closure of outdoor education centres - they will be raised at Monday's Annual Town Meeting
- Great Bedwyn CE Primary school joins Excalibur Academies Trust
- Army keep fit for Mayor’s charities
- Lots to be won in Marlborough Tennis' fund raising auctions as opening for the new courts draws closer
- Bees are in trouble - but they're getting good support from Bee Roadzz Week
- Will Wiltshire Council let Marlborough have a new residents' car park?
- A new attraction in town: Marlborough Museum opens in The Merchant's House
- Transition Marlborough say Wiltshire Council is out to close down debate on possible rail link
- Who is policing the planning consents for developments in Marlborough?
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- No debate over Oxenwood and Braeside's' future, just over whether the 'call in' was correct
- A rail link for Marlborough? 'There's no money' - but there's a large bucket of cold water
- National Trust to restore Avebury Manor's 100 year-old Potting Shed
- Bee Roadzz of Marlborough Downs all 'a buzz' next week
- Wiltshire Council’s decision to close outdoor education centres triggers ‘call-in'
- Marlborough Foxes win through to County Cup Final
- Wiltshire force the closure of Oxenwood and Braeside Outdoor Education Centres
- Marlborough Area Poverty Action Group helped by Town Council grant
- Police seek Marlborough man in connection with driving offences
- Merged for a year – how Marlborough and Pewsey surgeries are working as one
- The planned Marleberg Grange hotel unveiled: it's going to be a Premier Inn