This year Small Business Saturday is on Saturday, December 2 and to encourage the public to use their local small businesses more, the Pewsey Vale Tourism Partnership is running a free prize draw with some substantial prizes.
Sam Bushnell, from their Kingsbury Street salon has just been named Apprentice of The Year in the Hairdressing Section at the Swindon College.
Paper panic and how to prevent it is the topic of conversation at the next Marlborough Chamber of Commerce business breakfast.
Guest speaker Sammy Ryan will explain how her company, Strictly Organised, helps clients get to grips with piles of paperwork.
The event takes place at Marlborough Golf Club from 7.30am on Wednesday, July 19. Attendance costs £9.
Barbury: international eventing stars and for 2017 new business opportunities
Barbury International Horse Trials, now in its twenty-first year, has launched a new business club, designed to make the event appealing to small and medium-sized businesses in Wiltshire and along the M4 corridor. The 2017 trials run from Thursday, July 6 to Sunday, July 9.
Preppy outfitter Jack Wills is to open a new outlet in Marlborough tomorrow (Wednesday).
The store will be the brand’s 76th in the UK, and its second launch of 2017. It will be opening in the Grade II listed building vacated by independent home decor trader Charlotte Quest last Spring.
If you like doing your annual tax return, you’ll love Making Tax Digital – the new initiative from the HMRC.
Networkers learned about the initiative from Adrian King of Marlborough accountancy firm Bew & Co at Wednesday’s meeting of Marlborough Chamber of Commerce.
Making Tax Digital is a key part of the government’s plans to make it easier for individuals and businesses to get their tax right and keep on top of their affairs - meaning the end of the annual tax return for millions.
A body artist of ‘international repute’ is to set up shop in Marlborough town centre.
The body artist – whose identity remains a secret until the business opens – will be based at Old Hughenden Yard in the centre of Marlborough.
Physiotherapist James Hatt has taken the last empty unit in Marlborough’s Hughenden Yard shopping precinct.
The Hatt Health and Movement clinic had been based above Unit 14 in Hughenden Yard, with an entrance from Hyde Lane car park.
International cosmetics brand Bobbi Brown has opened a new store – its 13th freestanding outlet nationwide – in Marlborough.
The new shop opened today (Monday) at 121-122 High Street – formerly home to the East fashion chain – bringing what the company promised would be a chic New York loft style to the town centre, with industrial steel cabinetry and Carrara marble.
More Articles ...
- Shepherd turned business coach talks at baa-reakfast
- Bike shop Bertie Maffoons closes doors
- Civil engineering firm appoints Marlborough man to top job
- Royds Withy King raises over £6.5k for Prospect Hospice
- Safari specialist J&C Voyageurs joins Pewsey-based Exceptional Travel
- Marlborough web agency harvests awards in Cambridgeshire competition
- Networking lunch will celebrate Marlborough’s status as a Fairtrade Town
- HR expert gives advice on caring for employees who are carers
- Charity founder gives Marlborough bosses a lesson in ethics
- Business leaders to get a lesson in ethics
- Creative hub opens in Marlborough
- Burbage firm sponsors air ambulance mascot - now he needs a name
- Striking deals - and golf balls - at networking event
- Kennet Community Energy's new solar installation
- Famous but troubled canalside inn for sale
- The Bear reveals ambitious new chef
- Solicitor joins Withy King's private client team
- All change at Marlborough supermarket… again
- Brewin’s Chelsea garden wins silver with first-time designer
- Office greenery firm scoops top industry award
- Garage aims to create the right environment at school
- Sarah moves to Withy King's property team
- Marlborough News journalist to give PR tips to business leaders
- Andrew brings 10 years’ experience to commercial property market
- Marlborough’s new status as a Fairtrade Town discussed at Chamber breakfast
- Businesses to discover what Fairtrade Town status means for Marlborough
- Fast-growing IT firm takes on four new team members
- What makes successful people succeed? ponders Olympian
- Olympic gold medal winner to address Marlborough Chamber business breakfast
- Skurrays - the oldest name in the UK motor trade - disappears
- Training provider shortlisted for two major awards
- Community champions bring free wifi to Marlborough town centre
- Rick Stein gives a clue to menu options at new Marlborough restaurant
- Antique baths business taps into new market
- Marlborough-based Healthcare Solutions sold by retiring founder
- Business Secretary Sajid Javid to visit Marlborough
- Find out more about property auctions at networking breakfast
- Petrol station continues unbroken string of awards
- Marlborough Tiles leaves High Street to open a larger retail outlet at its factory site
- Wiltshire named as one of the top counties to start a rural business