Brian Meehan's Assistant Trainer Rory O'Dowd has won the Leadership prize at the thirteenth annual Godolphin Stud and Stable Staff Awards. The winners were invited to a reception at the Houses of Parliament.
The Event Rider Masters (ERM) team has confirmed (February 23) its 2017 calendar, which will consist of seven legs and include the expansion of the series from the UK into mainland Europe. As last year, the Barbury International Horse Trials will be the location for the third leg of the
The event on Good Friday (April 14) will be known as the Many Clouds Lambourn Open Day.
They came armed with plenty of double layers and the cold weather did not dim the enthusiasm of the crowd of pointing followers at Barbury Racecourse for the Vine & Craven Point-to-Point (February 12.) They had seven quality races to enjoy.
Newbury Racecourse defied the weather: their Betfair Super Saturday (February 11) was a tremendous seven-race programme including the £155,000 Betfair Hurdle - Britain's richest handicap hurdle - and the racing was as good as expected.
The card also featured two leading trials for next month's Cheltenham Festival - the £50,000
Earlier this week Clerk of the Course John White reported the going was 'Good to Soft, Soft in places'. Since the
- Paul Nicholls pleased with preparations for Newbury's major Betfair Super Saturday
- Barbury International Horse Trials will go ahead this July - under new management
- It's the Ladbrokes Gold Cup - leading bookmaker to sponsor Newbury Racecourse's flagship winter jumps meeting
- Weights for Newbury's Betfair Hurdle: 15/2 favourite Ballyandy handed 10st 6lb
- A truly bumper event: full report on the first Barbury International point-to-point
- Inaugural Barbury International Point-to-Point draws a big crowd - and scores a number of welcome firsts
- First ever Barbury International point-to-point attracts fourteen Irish entries
- Barbury International: Tattersalls Ireland sale offer to inaugural point-to-point's winners
- St James’s Place sponsors award for leading trainer at first ever Barbury International point-to-point
- Local trainer Neil King buys top price Canyon City as hurdle prospect
- Newbury Racecourse: 60 years of Hennessy's sponsorship of the Gold Cup has come to an end
- Eventing - the Olympic changes: New Zealanders fear dumbing down of their sport
- Eventing: FEI votes in favour of teams of three for the Tokyo Olympics
- First point-to-point of the season at Barbury Racecourse - ahead of a major new international Barbury venture
- Newbury Racecourse's biggest racedays: can local hero Smad Place win the Hennessy again?
- New Zealand eventing looks for a UK-based manager
- Rio aside, Marlborough's Kiwi eventers have had a good season but "Next year can't come soon enough"
- Newbury victory: Alan King sees one of his Cheltenham Festival prospects off the mark
- Eventing: next season Chelsea Pearce moves up from Junior to Young Rider competitions
- Equestrian Anne Dunham welcomed to Paralympians' reception at Westminster