On my way to Timmy Saville’s exhibition at the White Horse Gallery, I walked past the Costa coffee shop.
Rankin, Duffy and Harris: three big name signings for LitFest 2019 - authors of three enticing books
September will see the tenth edition of Marlborough LitFest (26-29 September) and the organisers are collecting a stellar cast of authors and poets to mark this tenth anniversary.
Since Kaleido Bay’s exceptional set at Marlborough Rising Talent in September last year, marlborough.news has been following the band’s progress – January saw this reporter attending their high energy gig at The Vic in Swindon and talking to the boys about their future plans.
More Articles ...
- From police station to medical centre : Warwick shows the way
- Grants enable upgrade at Great Bedwyn Surgery
- St Peter's Church recitals: youthful Tee Trio enthral with youthful pieces by a trio of greats
- Swindon Choral Society return to Marlborough College Chapel - & soprano Leigh Michelow returns to Marlborough
- "Please listen to us…" St. John’s student appeals to Wiltshire Council over the future of St.Peter’s School building
- Kenneth Armitage at the White Horse Gallery - challenges and delights
- An impassioned plea for freedom & justice: Ben Okri to be Marlborough LitFest 2019’s Golding Speaker
- Review: Dominic Degavino's brilliant programme of German piano music at St Peter's Church
- REVIEW: John Virtue paintings at the White Horse Gallery - energy, immediacy, confidence…and scale
- Review: from Marlborough Rising, Kaleido Bay headline at The Vic
- Driving solo from west Wales to Mongolia raising funds for charity - with a stop-off to meet a para-equestrian at Rockley
- Just another Aldbourne Christmas? Lights, camera, action - but not before that cross is covered
- 1918 - the 'Peace Christmas': with results of war still evident, Marlborough retailers made great efforts to stock up for seasonal shoppers
- Obituaries: Michael Gray (1942 - 2018), one of Marlborough's great characters
- Marlborough History Society - 2018 War Memorials Project
- Marlborough lecture - Richard Cooper, a life of adventure
- OBITUARY: Brian Davies a pioneer in work on radiation and long time Marlborough resident has died aged 88
- Review: JS Monroe's new thriller "Forget My Name" - Who are you when you've forgotten everything?
- Ramsbury's Remembrance Wood - 400 saplings bring memories and new life
- ARMISTICE 1918: Marlborough area's home front begins to get back to a sort of normality - very slowly
- Marlborough's 'Battle's Over' Beacons - Rockley and The Common
- Remembrance Sunday: Marlborough remembers
- Pewsey remembers the 33 fallen with trees, plaques, and poppies
- Remembrance Commemoration at 7th Wilts War Memorial in Salisbury Road and at Marlborough's Cemeteries
- The Armistice centenary raises wider issues - and a chance to hear first hand responses to the war's horror
- Kennet Valley community to honour the fallen at the Kennet Valley Hall on Armistice Sunday
- Marlborough Remembers – ‘Battle’s Over’ beacon installed on The Common
- St Francis School armistice centenary commemoration day – poppies, posters, role play, and much more
- A poet who knew war considers the lasting hold of the First World War - the Great War - on our minds
- 'Roll of Honour Event': a tribute to the people of Marlborough and the roll they played in the Great War