St Mary’s Under Fives
St Mary’s Under Fives is a well-established term time only preschool open 30 hours a week to children from 2.5-5years, based on the Ducks Meadow site of Marlborough St Mary’s Primary School.
We are looking for an experienced, passionate, qualified and self-motivated individual to join our team as Preschool Manager from September 2019.
This role will give the successful candidate an opportunity to further develop and build provision for the children of Marlborough. It is a fantastic opportunity to work with a well-established, experienced and dedicated team of Early Years practitioners.
- Hours: 25-35 hours per week variable to the needs of the setting.
- Pay and full terms and conditions are available on application.
- Professional development; commitment to on-going training and opportunities for professional skills development
Your role will include:
- Leading the provision and supervising the setting on a day to day basis. Working alongside staff to provide a safe and stimulating environment in which children can learn, explore, play and achieve.
- Working in partnership with parents and other professionals to support each child’s wellbeing, care and education.
- Responsibility for the management of the preschool staff, provision of appraisals and supervisions, and overseeing the continual professional development of staff.
- Working with the committee to ensure that policies and procedures are adhered to and that the preschool is effectively managed
- Fulfilling the duties as the designated safeguarding lead
- To ensure that the EYFS are delivered and promoted within the setting, and ‘Early Learning Goals’ are achieved in all areas of the curriculum.
- Responsibility for completion of accreditation processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven record of working in an early years setting, with a minimum of two years experience working in a supervisory capacity as either Deputy or Manager
- Hold a minimum of NVQ level 3 or above in childcare
- Thorough knowledge of the EYFS curriculum, safeguarding and welfare requirements, and working knowledge of current legislation.
- Excellent management, communication and leadership skills
- First aid qualification and child protection training
Desired but not essential:
- BA (hons) in Early Years
- Experience of working in a committee run pre school
Hours of work; 25-35 hours per week
Contract Type; Permanent
Closing date: 30thApril 2019
Interview date: TBC
Commencement date: 1stSeptember 2019
Prospective candidates are welcome to come and visit the setting by prior arrangement.
We will contact shortlisted candidates within 5 days of the closing date.
St Mary’s Under Fives is committed to promoting the safeguarding and welfare of children and expects all staff and visitors to share this commitment.
In accordance with safer recruitment protocols, we will request references in advance of interviews, for shortlisted candidates.
The successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, 2 positive references, and checks of Right to work in the U.K. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offender’s Act 1974.