The White Horse Care Trust delivers award winning residential, supported living and nursing care to adults with learning and physical disabilities. We are seeking dedicated Support Workers to join our Team in our beautiful homes in Marlborough, Shalbourne, Devizes, and Pewsey.
Our Support Workers enjoy the following benefits -
- Competitive pay rates up to £9.00 per hour
- Enhanced pay for hours worked on Sundays and Bank Holidays up to £11.25
- Sleep ins paid at £58
- Comprehensive training program
- Support to achieve Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Company sick pay
- Pension scheme
Due to the rural location of the property, you will need hold a full driving licence. You will be happy to support individuals with shopping trips, swimming, visits to the theatre and music sessions. A keen creative interest would also be helpful, as many of the individuals we support enjoy arts and crafts, reading, gardening and other hobbies. This is a small home supporting two ladies and two gentlemen, with a dedicated and friendly team of staff.
Applicants should be able to work flexibly, including evenings, weekends and nights, when required and should be enthusiastic about supporting the ladies and gentlemen in a person centred way.
An enhanced disclosure is required for all roles, the Trust will meet the cost of this.
We are seeking to appoint individuals who ideally have -
- Experience of working in a residential care setting (full training is provided)
- Knowledge of the needs of people with Learning Disabilities
- Flexibility to work shifts including some weekends and bank holidays
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- An understanding of Risk Assessments & Support Plans
- Willingness to attend training
- Driving Licence
- Flexible working hours
- Discounted/free food
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
- Wellness programs