The following statement has been issued by the Police and Crime Commissioner:
On behalf of the Marlborough Town Council Mayor Lisa Farrell was presented with the inaugral Local Council Community Award from Community First at their AGM and Award Ceremony held last night, Thursday 11 October in Devizes.
The Mop Fair normally lasts between Friday lunchtime and Sunday morning. Above is the whole weekend in less than four minutes, from Friday mid-day when the cars are still on the street through to Sunday morning when the High Street gets back to normal and the fairground environment is just a memory for another year. A larger and slightly better quality version can be seen directly on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQkHr2GRbGk&t=48s
The Kennet River Dental Practice - the NHS service at the Marlborough surgery - is to cease operating from 31 December 2018. Its contract with NHS England comes to an end - and appointments booked for after that date are cancelled.
More Articles ...
- Climate change in Marlborough and the world - the views of two local experts
- Day out on the canal for the elderly of Bedwyn
- New Principal appointed for St. John’s Academy
- A glimmer of hope in the High Street - three new businesses open
- New restaurant and bar in former Conservative Club with Shakespearean connections
- Triple honours for Marlborough in Bloom!
- Gold again! Marlborough triumphs with another Gold award in the South West in Bloom competition
- GWH is first UK hospital to introduce latest scalp cooling caps to prevent hair loss for cancer patients
- DIY SOS project creates new sensory room at Shalbourne’s Dramsdon care home
- 'Improved Access' to GPs: a new scheme to advance primary care - and introducing Wiltshire's GP Alliance
- Walking Football marches up Granham Hill to St John's big sports hall
- Wiltshire Council's savings plan comes unstuck
- Tourism: the Great West Way is already being marketed by international travel agents
- 'Englisches Frühstück' in Westphalia, courtesy of Marlborough's Sumblers butchers
- Modern Slavery: Two arrested in a High Street Nail Bar following proactive patrols by Police
- Why leave the bus diesel engine idling when stopped at a main bus stop for a long time? Turning off is easy
- Chance for Marlborough businesses to check out the new tourist route - The Great West Way
- There's another White Horse in town - the WhiteHorse CrossFit gym can keep you fit
- Rowdeford closure proposal: Marlborough Councillors express unanimous support for parents of children at the threatened school
- Marlborough Rising Talent: Bright futures await local performers
- UPDATED - Into the unknown - GWH prepares for winter
- Marlborough Rising: they're coming back! Scouting for Girls headline the town's new music festival with their 'happy indie pop'
- Singtastic with Marlborough Community Choir - Vanessa Lafaye’s legacy lives on
- Fun and games at Marlborough Churches Together children’s holiday club
- Weather records: this summer in Marlborough was the second warmest since 1984 - with sunshine aplenty
- Ex-St. John’s student finds rewarding work in earthquake hit Nepal - helping villagers' moves to sustainable farming & new energy sources
- ‘Wellbeing through nature’ comes to Marlborough and Pewsey
- How Wiltshire students worked together with young Gambians in Gunjur - Marlborough’s link community
- Two hours of free parking for six Fridays welcomed by Marlborough traders
- Bank Holiday warning: watch out for thieves at beauty spots
- Local family support charity's day out: good sunshine, excellent smiles - and the essential volunteers
- Volunteering for The Samaritans: Learn how you can help
- Man arrested in Thames Valley area after fatal accident near Ramsbury
- Pewsey Vale's tourism initiative takes further steps forward in support of the local economy
- Owners to pay penalties for dumping cars at Durley and Burbage
- Two vehicles stolen during break-in at Winterbourne Bassett
- Redrow Homes to open show homes at Marleberg Grange development to public
- Regulator finds Savernake View Care Home still 'requires improvement'
- Making a difference – National Citizen Service students give Coombe End Court garden a face-lift
- Marlborough Rising: tickets now available, website live and new office open...