Dr Steve Haig lives in Bath and commutes to Great Western Hospital because he likes working at the Swindon hospital so much. He is an Emergency Department Consultant at GWH and is among the senior A&E clinicians from 68 hospitals in England who signed the letter to the Prime Minister about the A&E crisis in England's hospitals.
The Public Inquiry called by Wiltshire Council into the application by local residents to register amenity land at College Fields as a village green opened on Tuesday at the Town Hall.
St Mary's in Great Bedwyn will soon resound again to the glorious sound of a fully restored hostoric Grade II* pipe organ thanks to the fund raising efforts of the team at St Mary's which has been topped off by the award of a Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) grant of £23,200.
Great Bedwyn Friendship and Mobility Group has received a £1,000 grant from the Friends of Savernake Hospital and the Community, which will make a substantial contribution towards operating costs.
The second day of the Public Inquiry into the application by residents to turn a piece of amenity land at College Fields (at the top of the housing development) into a village green, proved to be both a long day and the Inquiry's final day.
More Articles ...
- Marlborough Tesco customers make generous donations to foodbank
- New car park charges: is there more pain to come?
- Catch-up time: Wiltshire Council raises parking charges to make up for several years' inflation
- Marlborough's weather in 2017: warmer and drier than average
- Summer School 2018 offers health, wealth, lots to make & do, Chris Packham...and some controversy
- Queen honours Marlborough resident
- Children’s art competition adds festive cheer to Marlborough’s Mace store
- Carol concert raises bumper funds for Hope and Homes for Children
- Could your Christmas presents be stolen? Police ask for information following two Marlborough burglaries
- Nativities productions galore!
- Devizes foodbank receives a Christmas boost from St John’s students
- Pewsey's Shed Alehouse yet again proves that 'small is beautiful' in Claire Perry's Best Local Pub awards
- GWH's Brighter Futures radiotherapy appeal breaks through the £2 million mark - before Christmas Day
- Council Tax: an extra pound a month to save Wiltshire from a 'minimal' police service
- Marlborough Community and Youth centre launched or unwrapped or opened
- Will Wiltshire Council take action on new primary school’s crossing?
- Spate of thefts of caravans in Wiltshire - including the Marlborough area - brings police warning
- The best kind of early Christmas present! Friday is unwrapping day for the new look Marlborough Community and Youth Centre
- No excuse for the Postman: New street to be named after Marlborough hero commemorated on a special WW1 stamp
- Savernake Death Crash: Ramsbury man sentenced to six years for causing death by dangerous driving
- As Home-Start Kennet celebrates its thirtieth birthday - there's a call for new trustees
- How will winter's chill test the health of the Great Western Hospital's finances and staff?
- Town Councillors to debate sale of amenity land off Rabley Wood View for housing
- Tesco's Christmas boost for the Jubilee Centre
- I’m a Teacher… Get me out of here! St. John’s Bush Tucker Trial raises money for Brighter Futures
- McCarthy and Stone’s generous support for Marlborough Youth & Community Centre ahead of its opening
- A Marlborough Christmas to raise funds for a trio of charities
- Christmas shoebox gifts for victims of domestic violence
- Festive fundraising for Hope and Homes for Children
- Progress towards integration of Wiltshire's health & social services has slowed down a bit
- Savernake death crash: trial of two accused of causing death by dangerous driving starts at Salisbury Crown Court
- November weather review - a month of fluctuation
- Grow your horticultural skills at Sonia Wright's workshops
- The lights went on and everybody was in: Large crowd welcomes Marlborough's Christmas lights
- 24hr Music Marathon this weekend (1,2 December) at Marlborough College to raise funds for the Bobby Cox fund
- A 'tough' financial climate for the NHS in Wiltshire - winter pressures, a case of flu and shrinking money
- Rabley Wood View amenity land sell-off: Wiltshire Council publishes notice making way for cabinet decision
- Understanding homelessness in our community
- A Small Grant Means the Going’s Good at Greatwood!
- Marlborough’s new auction rooms are ready for action