The senseless, brutal and futile murder of PC Keith Palmer in the grounds of Parliament, and of the people walking on the nearby Westminster Bridge, has shown us the very worst of humanity … and the very best.
The annual general meeting of the Marlborough Brandt Group on Thursday evening (March 23) at its Manton offices confirmed the charity's new direction with the appointment of three trustees to take it forward in a very slimmed down and more focused version.
Scott Finlay also started growing cannabis plants after renting a room in a house in Marlborough a year ago.
Families and individuals joined regular ARK volunteers to plant hundreds of trees to continue a hedge for wildlife at the water meadow that ARK jointly owns with Marlborough
The headteacher and staff at Pewsey Primary School have been selected for a top role supporting schools in challenging circumstances.
Headteacher Nicola Gilbert has been appointed to the role of national leader of education (NLE).
Wiltshire Council has received forty-four comments - all but two from residents of Manton - many protesting 'strongly'
St Francis School’s past and present pupils came together to perform a concert in St John the Baptist Church, Pewsey on Friday evening, March 18. The concert was part of the school’s 75th anniversary celebrations.
The school orchestra, two choirs, soloists, and instrumental groups entertained the audience with a wide
- Marlborough Puppetry Festival seeks sponsors and helpers
- Marlborough pubs: The Crown is for sale - again
- Mervyn Hall – set to be Marlborough’s 707th Town Mayor?
- Mayor Noel hands over cheque to Bobby Van
- ARK's delight as pipeline to protect the River Kennet is set to open on March 31
- Marlborough Town Council issues details for its part of residents' council tax for 2017-2018
- Wiltshire's Children & Adolescent Mental Health Services: preferred bidder chosen & consultation to start soon
- 18 bags of rubbish collected from the River Og
- Creation of Pewsey’s Vale Health and Wellbeing Centre moves forward
- Salisbury Road development site bought by Redrow Homes
- First step into politics? Marlborough Town Council want residents to get involved and stand for election to become a Town Councillor
- Motorcyclist killed in collision near Beckhampton is named
- Town Councillors vote for seven year reprieve for Youth Centre – as Wiltshire Council’s role is castigated
- Doors close at Pewsey Gallery as owners struggle to make art pay
- Disappointment as grant bid rejected, but Marlborough Puppetry Festival will go ahead in July
- The NHS in crisis: GWH is weathering the winter storms - but they may be a permanent problem
- Wizards, Witches, Pirates, Explorers, Mr Men, Cat in a Hat – it’s World Book Day!
- Wilton Windmill is getting its sails back
- February: warm, yes, but damp and depressing with little to cheer
- Bigger, Better, with more for everyone at this year's Summer Ball
- A smaller Jazz Festival - with no stroller ticket element – will return this summer
- Old faces become new faces as Elaine's Travel launches on the High Street
- Marlborough Community Passion Play – bringing families and the community together – but more volunteers welcome
- Unitary councillors respond to Marlborough's continued omission from Wiltshire Council's spending on its campus programme
- Road death accused face trial by jury
- Pothole Wiltshire: Councillor Fogg's investigation reveals Wiltshire Council's huge compensation bill
- Has a traffic accident become a case of fly-tipping?
- Shock in Marlborough as Wiltshire Council budgets millions more for campus projects
- Brighter Futures bowled over by the efforts of Marlborough Bowls Club
- The Youth Centre: Wiltshire offers Marlborough a seven year lease
- Firefighters save the bacon of 20 pigs
- To grout or not to grout - that was the Town Councillors' question
- Saving Lives – Marlborough Rugby Football Club is presented with a Defibrillator
- The boy on the escalator: respected local spy writer sets himself a serious problem in his first psychological thriller
- FRIDAY, February 17: last day to complete Neighbourhood Plan housing & business needs survey
- St Francis School Raffle Raises funds in memory of pupils’ brother
- Jeremy Hunt visits Marlborough but not Great Western Hospital
- Road Closure: C73 (West Woods through East Kennet) to shut for two days
- Marlborough's Climate Coalition turn out in force to ’Show The Love' for a threatened world despite the conditions
- The robots are on the march - Makerspace is coming to Marlborough – robotics, home automation and much more