Aldbourne Band achieved 14th place at the National Brass Band Championships that took place in The Albert Hall on Saturday 12 October.
It was prizes all round for Marlborough at the South West in Bloom (SWiB) awards ceremony in Newquay (Friday, October 11) - including the Gold Award for the town.
Marlborough Extinction Rebellion protestor Jo Ripley was arrested in Whitehall outside the Cabinet Office during the recent XR 'International Action' campaign.
'Four Million Footsteps' - the story of Bruce Tulloh's epic run across America to be reprinted on 50th anniversary
Fifty years ago running legend Bruce Tulloh completed his record-breaking 2,876‑mile run across America in just under 65 days. To celebrate this outstanding achievement his family are re-publishing his long out-of-print book, 'Four Million Footsteps' (often described as “the greatest running book of all time”), which chronicled his amazing transcontinental adventure.
More Articles ...
- Brexit: MPs ‘have let us down’ say region’s farmers
- School transport: when a bus subsidy is cut parental choice comes with a hefty price tag
- Rotary hoops for Youth Centre
- Celebrating 100 years of Wiltshire libraries with exhibitions and competitions
- GWH is prepared for Brexit - whether it's an in-patient Brexit or an out-patient Brexit
- Stimulating new opportunities for Burbage children
- Free Friday morning 'Pre-Mop Closure' parking on the High Street
- Slow Extinction Rebellion 'funeral march' highlights the speed of impending climate doom
- Pets take over from Cars as Pets Corner opens in the former 'Now' Vauxhall showrooms
- Hilliers: A new arrival on Marlborough’s restaurant scene
- The Who'd A reawakens: Lockeridge pub to reopen on Monday 7 October
- Three Clinical Commissioning Groups agree to merge - though Wiltshire GPs were not quite so keen
- September's weather shut the door firmly on summer - with heavy rainfall in the Marlborough area
- Something is brewing in Kingsbury Street!
- Marlborough's new Police 'Touch Down Point' in George Lane Car Park officially opens
- Rabley Wood developer GreenSquare called to clarify 'confusion' over amended plans
- £9,000 - the price of democracy: the cost of electing a new replacement Councillor
- Savenake View celebrate third anniversary in style with a visit from robed Mayor and Town Crier
- "Drumming has helped me through Aspergers" says SMS Grade 8 graduate Harry Wise
- Claire Perry O'Neill: Brexit and her next step
- The Crown in The Parade - a new home for Dan’s restaurant
- Anna Victorious – the Atlantic Challenge rowing team raising money for cancer charity
- Marlborough Weather - August and the Summer
- Seasalt saves solitary bees on Marlborough’s bee road
- Avebury Manor turns Art Gallery as the fourth Sculpture Exhibition launches
- Claire Perry MP not to stand at next election
- While the NHS waits for the promised extra money, GWH is facing a significant overspend
- Lottery win for Lockeridge as the Kennet Valley Hall gets a new roof
- St John’s Academy announces Marlborough’s first UN Climate Change Teacher
- From lilies to lotus…midlife volunteering in Cambodia
- New Rabley Wood View housing: final details of development still awaited
- Packaging Not Included supports Zero Waste Week
- Bishop of Salisbury joins the plea that “all voices in the Brexit debate be heard”
- Police & Crime Commissioner: “…we still don’t receive enough funding from central government.”
- Chopping Knife Lane fly-tippers prosecuted
- Screams of excitement, sighs of relief – it’s GCSE results day
- WJ’s – the latest dining experience in Marlborough
- Marlborough's new Cinema and Arts Centre - Town Council gives unanimous support to application for consent
- Hattos Barbershop – the latest High Street target of thieves or vandals
- Aldbourne on track for exciting new sports and recreation facilities