Pulling pints to pulling teeth? Councillors object to proposed change of The White Harte to Dental Surgery
application to convert the iconic Conservative Club building, currently run as The White Harte restaurant & bar into a Dental Surgery."How can you take a prime retail unit out of the High Street and replace it with a Dental Surgery?". This was the question posed by Councillors at last night's (Monday 2 December) Planning Committee meeting of the Town Council when presented with the
Marlborough's eagerly-awaited new cinema in The Parade has had the opening date put back to Autumn 2020.
More Articles ...
- Reorganisation and winter: is our area's NHS facing a perfect storm?
- Marlborough without Post Office for the run-up to Christmas?
- General election hustings: could the candidates find an equation linking lack of trust in politicians and votes at sixteen?
- Premier Inn staff give Marlborough’s Scout Hut a facelift
- Next weekend Newbury Racecourse showcases great jumps racing - with added fashion and fun for all
- Opportunity for Marlborough residents to quiz election candidates at St Mary's
- Odds-on December reopening for Manton's Outside Chance
- Christmas arrives in Marlborough as the lights go on
- A Christmas call from our local foodbank: 'Please donate to the UK’s largest charity food collection'
- Lights-On Friday: kicks off with a blast from headliners Wilding and Barrelhouse while BBC's James Thomas switches on the display
- NEWBURY RACECOURSE: OUR LADBROKES TROPHY DAY COMPETITION - the five winners are...
- 20mph limit now in force across the central area of Marlborough
- Charity Carol Service for Hope and Homes - tickets selling fast
- "Return ticket please - Bedwyn to London & back": new rail timetable sees faster travel but some fares can double in cost
- WANTED! - a new Town Councillor
- Foodbank calls on candidates to pledge to protect people from hunger as demand mushrooms
- Marlborough falls silent at 11am, marking the centenary of the Two Minute Silence
- 'Fine Lines' opens in Hughenden Yard to put new life into old furniture
- Remembrance Sunday Parade - 10 November
- Conservatives select Prime Minister's political aide as Devizes candidate
- War of words as Tory party constituency association moves to select General Election candidate
- James Thomas, Wilding and Barrelhouse to lead Marlborough’s Christmas Lights extravaganza on Friday Nov 22
- Devizes Conservative candidate selection : the three names revealed
- The Big Forest Find at Savernake Forest
- Marlborough Big Band’s fund raising concert for Macmillan Cancer Support
- Devizes constituency: uncertainty over Tory selection process
- October in Marlborough was 83 per cent wetter than the 35-year average - we can all believe that!
- Famara: art inspired fashion – new shop opens in Hughenden Yard
- New florist blooms in Wagon Yard
- Wiltshire Council updates its logo - and loses its slogan
- Devizes constituency: Conservatives choose six to find a new candidate - and Labour Party candidate is named
- Rabley Wood View: Consultation programme starts on Monday 28 for the latest application
- Dan's back - now open at The Crown in The Parade
- FREE PARKING in Marlborough this Saturday
- Happy Birthday, Evelyn - 100 today!
- The Macmillan bus to bring free cancer support to Marlborough
- Aldbourne Band Retain UK Top 20 Status at National Finals in The Albert Hall
- Extinction Rebellion: Marlborough protestor arrested in Whitehall
- Aldbourne declares a Climate Emergency
- Wiltshire CCG will be dissolved and merged into a much larger organisation