And organisers are laying the blame for the confinement of the festival squarely at the door of Wiltshire Council.
At 9:00 this morning (Monday 27 February) the doors of Elaine's Travel formally opened and those in Marlborough seeking travel advice and/or a great last minute deal to somewhere exotic could come in and talk to Elaine and Sarah - again.
Marlborough is buzzing with activity for the Community Passion Play which will be performed across numerous locations throughout the town on Easter Saturday (15 April), involving a cast of around 250 with a further 100 people working behind the scenes.
The Marlborough.News report that Wiltshire Council's budget for 2017-2018 contains £6.4million for more campuses and community hubs when Marlborough was told there was no more money, has so far brought comments from three of the area's four Wiltshire councillors.
Wiltshire Council has spent slightly more compensating motorists for pothole damage than the £1,300,000 given to Wiltshire Council under the government's Pothole Action Fund. Some of the compensation has been paid out for damage to cars and some to people who have suffered personal injury.
Only one vehicle was involved in the accident. A grey Isuzu Trooper had left the road near a corner and ended up
- Shock in Marlborough as Wiltshire Council budgets millions more for campus projects
- Brighter Futures bowled over by the efforts of Marlborough Bowls Club
- The Youth Centre: Wiltshire offers Marlborough a seven year lease
- Firefighters save the bacon of 20 pigs
- To grout or not to grout - that was the Town Councillors' question
- Saving Lives – Marlborough Rugby Football Club is presented with a Defibrillator
- The boy on the escalator: respected local spy writer sets himself a serious problem in his first psychological thriller
- FRIDAY, February 17: last day to complete Neighbourhood Plan housing & business needs survey
- St Francis School Raffle Raises funds in memory of pupils’ brother
- Jeremy Hunt visits Marlborough but not Great Western Hospital
- Road Closure: C73 (West Woods through East Kennet) to shut for two days
- Marlborough's Climate Coalition turn out in force to ’Show The Love' for a threatened world despite the conditions
- The robots are on the march - Makerspace is coming to Marlborough – robotics, home automation and much more
- First a chilli supper and a quiz - then join the thousands for a fundraising marathon for a breast cancer charity
- "Sign? Wot sign?" - HGVs still using Kingsbury Street as a cut through
- Marlborough marks Fairtrade Fortnight 2017 with a visit from a Kenyan tea farmer
- The Brexit debates: Claire Perry votes for a Labour amendment & decries jihadi-like supporters of a hard Brexit
- Police appeal for information following Tesco ram raid
- Former fireman who pushed cocaine spared jail
- No jail for cocaine dealer who allowed cannabis factory at his home
- Lockeridge traffic carnage - two accidents in the same night adjacent to Kennet Valley Primary School
- Marlborough to get a town museum
- Brexit debate: Claire Perry's confidence in PM, doubts about Referendum campaign & plea for full information on final deal
- January - cold, pretty grey and gloomy but now behind us
- Blow to Wiltshire Council's social care record as residential home found 'inadequate'
- Tackling mental health head on: first book by Marlborough children's author
- Businesswoman spared jail after forging documents
- NHS and the 'winter crisis' in our hospitals - beds, beds and beds - and, of course, funding
- Marlborough St Mary's takes another step towards completion with a 'Topping Out' ceremony
- Area Board discusses poverty in the Marlborough area - and what to do about it
- Some Wiltshire Council fees and charges to get way above inflation increases for 2017-2018
- Area Board approval for four youth grants - from scouting for Tanzania to help for student anxiety
- HSBC to close its Marlborough branch during 2017
- Wiltshire Council proposes council tax rise of 4.99 per cent for 2017-2018
- Woman killed beside A4 near Savernake Hospital in June: two men charged with causing death by dangerous driving
- Go ahead for GWH stem cell service as it gains new international accreditation
- Merged Marlborough Medical Practice & Pewsey Surgery gets a new name - and Dr Hanson retires
- 'Please don’t recycle your survey!' - call for residents to complete and return important Housing Survey
- Fears for Marlborough's friends in Gunjur as crisis in The Gambia nears its climax
- “We are in uncharted waters” states Cllr Andy Ross as Wiltshire Council cuts force a significant rise in Town Council precept