Councillor defends the right of Marlborough residents to become obese in 'discussion' over kebab van street trader application at Leisure Centre car parkA request for the Town Council to comment on an application for Street Trading Consent to site a unit in the car park of the Marlborough Leisure Centre to sell 'Kebabs, Burgers, Chips and hot and cold soft drinks' achieved its goal and did attract plenty of comment - mainly in the form of significant opposition from Councillors and local residents. However, opinion was not quite universal.
St John's student Annabel Hitchmough to represent UK in the 420 Sailing World Championships in the USASixteen year old St John’s School student Annabel Hitchmough will be heading for the USA this summer to represent the UK in the 420 Sailing World Championships.
It was certainly a good day for a picnic - or a hog roast - or just looking at the farm animals, an amazing array of farm machinery and the wonderful and very fertile landscape.
Care Quality Commission's review highlights weaknesses in leadership of Wiltshire's health and social care
In a report published today (June 14) following a wide scale and detailed review of health and social care services in Wiltshire, the Care Quality Commission (CQC) have made some stern criticisms of the services' leadership in the county - especially in relation to Wiltshire Council.
More Articles ...
- Chief Inspector of Hospitals demands improvements at Prospect Hospice
- Closure of Outdoor Education Centres: Oxenwood to get four month reprieve
- Henry Cooper - the New Zealand cricketer - gets acclimatised to Burbage & Easton Royal ways
- The warm and sunny May in Marlborough brought two more records to add to the 2018 list
- Driving west along the A4? Spare a thought for Cherhill's Column - & help make a fuss about its state of repair
- Christmas lights switch-on saved: Wiltshire Council's seasonal gift for Marlborough...
- Former Marlborough fireman gets community order & curfew for assault on mother of his children
- George Lane car park still free to use while ticket machines stay out of order
- Town Mayor opens new clothing shop in Hilliers Yard
- Scouts honour twenty-five years of service - & encourage more volunteers to join the team
- New Town Mayor's call for openness and public participation
- An open letter in response to Wiltshire Council’s increases in parking charges for Marlborough
- Will Wiltshire Council listen to "the voice of thousands of children"? Council votes for "every best effort" to keep Oxenwood & Braeside centres open
- Scouting for Girls to headline the debut Marlborough Rising music festival
- A student reports on the miniature wonders of Marlborough Area Makerspace’s second Raspberry Jam day
- Outdoor Education Centres: how Wiltshire Council acquired Oxenwood
- A new treasure trove of local history - Marlborough’s Museum opens its doors to the public
- Three say farewell to Minal Parish Council after fifty years of service
- Mercedes stolen during Marlborough burglary - police need information
- Gambian friend of Marlborough gives mango trade - and Fair Trade - a boost
- Opposition to closure of Oxenwood & Braeside outdoor education centres continues
- Threat of unaffordable parking charges hangs over Marlborough resident
- Marlborough’s new mayor, Lisa Farrell says, “I want to listen to the people of this town”
- New Mayor's inaugural speech at the Mayor Making ceremony in full
- Sam Ponsford to welcome four refugees on scholarships to College's School of English & Culture this summer
- Marlborough police station: future use of the building remains undecided
- Are Wiltshire Council Conservatives planning secret changes to the Area Boards?
- St John’s rocket cars blast through competition
- Outdoor education: anger at closure of centres & pleas for Wiltshire Council to allow them to be taken over
- GWH's blocked beds: Swindon Council's "immense" improvement - not so Wiltshire
- Lisa Farrell, the people's Mayor to be elected at Monday's Mayor Making ceremony at the Town Hall
- Better news for Marlborough’s shoppers and eaters...and house buyers?
- Mayor's charity football match: Marlborough Town Football Club at home to 4 MI Battalion
- No Bluebell drive through West Woods this year due to the recent bad weather
- Sunday & Bank Holiday parking charges and permit increases: Wiltshire Council consultation now open - till May 21
- April in Marlborough: not so much cruel as just wet - but with a record breaking warm day
- 20mph: Town Councillors back views of big majority of Marlborough residents who responded to consultation
- Marlborough Rugby achieve a last gasp win to secure promotion to highest ever position
- Bumper funds for Wiltshire based children’s charity
- Free Community WiFi introduces Lockeridge to the open digital universe