With St Peter's School about to slide into history - a plea to record its story as a Marlborough institution
St Peter’s Junior School is amalgamating with St Mary’s Infants School later this year and will be moving into a new building in 2017.
The new school will be known as Marlborough St Mary’s Primary School, so the St Peter's name - as well as the building - will pass into history.
Mrs Spindlow has asked the History Society to help collect memories, photographs and memorabilia from previous pupils and teachers.
With a major reorganisation of schooling in 1918, St Peter's became a school for boys with the girls going to St Mary's.
In 1962 St Peter's moved from the building at the junction of the High Street and Hyde Lane - that is now the Library - into its present building, which had previously been Marlborough's Grammar School. This move brought co-education back to the primary school level with St Peter's as the Junior School and St Mary's as the Infants School.
Anyone who can help with this project should contact the Secretary of the Marlborough History Society, Mervyn Hall or committee member, David Chandler.