Lisa Farrell is Marlborough’s 708th town mayor. She was sworn in at the Mayor Making ceremony in the Town Hall on Monday May 14, in front of an audience of councillors, former mayors, community representatives, family and friends and the High Sheriff of Wiltshire, Mrs Nicky Alberry. Councillor Mervyn Hall was elected as Deputy Mayor.
Sam Ponsford to welcome four refugees on scholarships to College's School of English & Culture this summer
Marlborough College's School of English and Culture that runs alongside the annual Summer School (July 8 to August 4), offers English language tuition and an Open Minds course for British teenagers. This year it will also be welcoming four teenage refugees who are living in Britain and who have won scholarships to join the School's sessions.
Marlborough.news has seen an emailed invitation from Councillor Laura Mayes to a meeting of the Conservative Group of Wiltshire councillors.
Outdoor education: anger at closure of centres & pleas for Wiltshire Council to allow them to be taken over
There was a lot of anger expressed at a meeting held at St Peter's Church (May 8) to protest against Wiltshire Council's closure of its two outdoor education centres - Oxenwood near Marlborough and Braeside in Devizes.
By Lisa Farrell, Marlborough's newly-appointed Mayor at the Mayor Making ceremony on Monday 14 May:
This is a news story without much that's very new. Marlborough.news keeps being asked what will happen to Marlborough's police station when it closes.
Two teams of St John’s Year 7 students have won first and third places in the regional final of ‘Race for the Line’ – a national rocket car racing competition which was held at the MOD at Corsham last week.
More Articles ...
- Lisa Farrell, the people's Mayor to be elected at Monday's Mayor Making ceremony at the Town Hall
- Better news for Marlborough’s shoppers and eaters...and house buyers?
- Mayor's charity football match: Marlborough Town Football Club at home to 4 MI Battalion
- No Bluebell drive through West Woods this year due to the recent bad weather
- Sunday & Bank Holiday parking charges and permit increases: Wiltshire Council consultation now open - till May 21
- April in Marlborough: not so much cruel as just wet - but with a record breaking warm day
- 20mph: Town Councillors back views of big majority of Marlborough residents who responded to consultation
- Marlborough Rugby achieve a last gasp win to secure promotion to highest ever position
- Bumper funds for Wiltshire based children’s charity
- Free Community WiFi introduces Lockeridge to the open digital universe
- Kelham Gardens land - a correction: neighbours do want to buy the land - and only to extend their gardens
- Fun Day in memory of inspirational Shane Hartop at Marlborough Town's Elcot Lane ground on 12 May
- Bumble Bees attracted to Stonebridge Meadow by a rare feast of Snake's Head Fritillary
- Annual town meeting hears questions about Oxenwood closure & debates introducing 20mph restrictions
- Kelham Gardens land: Wiltshire Council will negotiate over its use as a car park - at what price?
- The Now Vauxhall dealership in George Lane has closed
- They say footfall has fallen in Marlborough High Street - will it improve now the road works have gone?
- A new use for old technology: Pewsey Vale gets another red tourist information kiosk
- Reports: Baroness Scott has agreed to stand down as Wiltshire Council leader...next year
- OXENWOOD CLOSURE: Wiltshire Council ignoring interest from organisations wanting to continue Oxenwood's work for school children
- Protests mount over Wiltshire Council closure of outdoor education centres - they will be raised at Monday's Annual Town Meeting
- "A glaring omission" made good - historic Marlborough finally gets its own museum
- Army keep fit for Mayor’s charities
- Bees are in trouble - but they're getting good support from Bee Roadzz Week
- Lots to be won in Marlborough Tennis' fund raising auctions as opening for the new courts draws closer
- Will Wiltshire Council let Marlborough have a new residents' car park?
- Avebury stone circle reopens to the public in time for World Heritage Day
- A new attraction in town: Marlborough Museum opens in The Merchant's House
- Transition Marlborough say Wiltshire Council is out to close down debate on possible rail link
- National Trust to restore Avebury Manor's 100 year-old Potting Shed
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- Who is policing the planning consents for developments in Marlborough?
- No debate over Oxenwood and Braeside's' future, just over whether the 'call in' was correct
- Bee Roadzz of Marlborough Downs all 'a buzz' next week
- A rail link for Marlborough? 'There's no money' - but there's a large bucket of cold water
- Wiltshire Council’s decision to close outdoor education centres triggers ‘call-in'
- Wiltshire force the closure of Oxenwood and Braeside Outdoor Education Centres
- Marlborough Area Poverty Action Group helped by Town Council grant
- Merged for a year – how Marlborough and Pewsey surgeries are working as one
- Police seek Marlborough man in connection with driving offences