'Beating the Bounds' - 12-mile Spring Boundary Walk around Marlborough to raise funs for Marlborough Lions
On Sunday 24 March Marlborough & District Lions will be holding 'Beating the Bounds' - a twelve mile walk following the civic boundary of the town.
A man was arrested earlier this morning following a theft of alcohol from Marlborough's Waitrose store.
A banner campaigning about the 'Climate Crisis' appeared - fairly briefly - on the Town Hall early on the morning of Wednesday, February 13 warning of drought, storms, loss of global food production and mass migration.
Rabley Wood View development: Developer promises 40% 'affordable housing' but no replacement play area for at least two yearsAt a public 'drop in session' prior to the main Town Council meeting last night (Monday 18 February) the future for the controversial Rabley Wood View development was outlined by Laurence Clarke, Land Acquisition Manager for the Developer Green Square Group.
Late last year the South Western Ambulance Service’s charity arm asked if Pewsey Community Area Partnership (PCAP) would help raise funds for a “Raizer Chair” for the area's volunteer Community First Responders Team (CFR) team. After reviewing information about the chairs, they decided this was a worthwhile project that would benefit local residents directly.
More Articles ...
- Marlborough area's growing infrastructure deficit: is St John's losing out?
- Kennet Valley pupils feel the rhythm…
- Chilton Foliat Primary School and village formally welcome new headteacher
- Pies, glorious pies….Marlborough’s newest take away
- Kennet Valley Primary School pupils learn about Brexit
- Wiltshire Council's budget for 2019-2020 means massive savings and cuts
- World War One commemorative wood planted on Marlborough Common
- May the Force be with you - Robert Watts visits Marlborough College to share experiences from the other side of the Star Wars lens
- 3…2…1…ignition! Pewsey Primary pupils count down with astronaut George for a space adventure
- Life after GCSEs – Pewsey Vale students follow their dreams
- Sourdough arrives in Marlborough with Rudies micro-bakery
- Marlborough under snow...
- Marlborough's January weather: what came before the snow was pretty dry, but not as pretty as the snow
- Brimslade air crash: inquest unable to find cause for fatal accident in July 2017
- St Peter's Development: creative thinking required to benefit the community
- Future of Marlborough's soon-to-be-redundant police station is still shrouded in uncertainty
- A pub for the heart of Lockeridge.... Who'd A Thought It?
- GWH's celebratory 'thank you' to donors for the Brighter Futures radiotherapy appeal's success
- Cllr Mark Cooper elected as Deputy Mayor for 2019/20
- A346 Safety Campaign at Ogbourne St George boosted by the support of MP Claire Perry
- Marlborough welcomes the new Bishop of Ramsbury
- Sale of St Peter's School: whatever became of 'working with the local community'?
- New columnist: marlborough.news welcomes Molly Scott Cato - Green Party MEP
- Strong Waitrose support for the town shown as two cheques are presented at the Full Town Council meeting
- British Legion Poppy Appeal tops £17,000 with the proceeds of the Armistice Centenary 'Roll of Honour'
- Blue Plaque / red faces as Marlborough’s blue plaque celebrates the wrong Eglantyne Jebb as the founder of Save the Children Fund
- Our MPs: do they have a clue?
- Breakfast and banter… new breakfast club for armed forces and veterans to open in Marlborough
- An end to plastic packaging - zero waste shop coming to Marlborough
- Maths monkey mischief gets term off to a swinging start at Kennet Valley School
- Yellow line proposals supported by the Town Council for Frees Avenue and The Green
- Winterbourne Monkton villagers over the moon as their pub re-opens
- Money raised by Marlborough Rotary at November's Armistice Beacon presented to Marlborough's British Legion
- Hospital regulator finds services at GWH much improved, but...
- Wiltshire’s air ambulance flies out of problems
- Banish the Monday Blues with a Samaritans Brew
- Wiltshire Council puts St Peter's School on the market - probably as a residential development
- What will Brexit mean for Marlborough’s independent florists?
- Kitchen Sisters to pop up with their gourmet burgers at No 7 Kingsbury Street
- St John’s Marlborough ski party return with one more than expected - a Calais refugee stowaway