Based just outside Marlborough Greatwood is a charity that takes in retired racehorses and combines their rehabilitation with educational programmes for disadvantaged children and adults with special educational needs (SEN).
Graham Seaman, BBC Wiltshire's lunchtime (12-2pm) host is popping back to school for a few lessons on Thursday this week (30 November).
Karate Black Belt Nick Forgham believes that many life lessons can be learned from karate and he visited St. John’s on Tuesday 27 November to introduce this powerful discipline to a group of Year 8 boys through an inspirational workshop.
With all the discussion in Marlborough about parking - its availability and especially its cost - and Wiltshire Council’s consultation on its intention to raise parking charges, it was to say the least interesting to spot this estate agent's board in North Street Pewsey.
Now with additional information: Another Wiltshire Council consultation is underway to gather views on changes it wants to make to the Wiltshire Core Strategy that was adopted in 2015.
Amanda Jones, together with son, Sam, are the proud owners of Marlborough Auction Rooms. Their first auction will be held this Wednesday, November 29 at Marlborough Golf Club.
Cabinet decision sought for Wiltshire Council's sale of amenity land off Rabley Wood View for housing
The saga of the planning application by Manton House Estate to build 39 houses on amenity land off Rabley Wood View will end - it seems - in a decision by Wiltshire Council's cabinet on January 30.
Marlborough High Street welcomes advent on Friday 1 December. At 6.15pm, Mayor Mervyn Hall, will board Santa’s Sleigh to be escorted to the stage outside Lloyds Bank.
At the Marlborough Town Council planning committee meeting on Monday (November 20), town councillors had before them a letter drafted by the Town Clerk, Mrs Shelley Parker, to Adrian Hampton, Wiltshire Council's Head of Local Highways, about their consultation on raising parking charges - which ends this Thursday.
More Articles ...
- Carers Rights Day: Does your employer care? That’s the £30,000 question
- Putting names onto the new part of Marlborough's street map
- Great Bedwyn: another community in need of affordable homes - but what about its social housing?
- Marlborough St Mary's Primary School and the new crossing point over George Lane: "An accident waiting to happen"
- A New Career as a Teacher? Excalibur Teaching School Alliance’s first Cohort of trainees are in the classroom!
- Huge increase in threats to England’s celebrated landscapes from major housing developments
- With the Big Give Christmas Challenge donations to local charity Action Through Enterprise can be doubled
- A new charity opens in Wiltshire...and Africa - with support from Gambia's President
- MantonFest Pedals for Pudsey!
- Back to Fitness with Buggybabes
- ARK's work for the River Kennet to flow further downstream
- After the Armistice, Marlborough's ceremony of Remembrance
- "The train leaving...": Claire Perry pushes for new rail link - but it's not Marlborough's
- The rebirth of Cinema within Marlborough - old Chapel in the Parade to become the town's new screen
- Armistice..... Marlborough falls silent for two minutes
- Marlborough’s Mace Store Wins National Award
- Overland to Gunjur in the Gambian Disco Express to raise funds for Brandt Group
- Marlborough's new music festival may be called 'Marlborough Rising'
- Questions raised by former town councillors: on rents - again, Cooper's Meadow sheep - again...and Edward Heath
- Date set for official launch of Marlborough Community and Youth Centre - with McCarthy & Stone willing to help
- Wiltshire's NHS: the new chairman of the Clinical Commissioning Group looks ahead
- Rare bikes stolen during a burglary in Lockeridge
- Is Wiltshire's waste & recycling consultation moving towards three weekly collections?
- 'Orphans of the Sea' - Special exhibition to commemorate 190 years of the Royal Merchant Navy Education Foundation
- The Marlborough Brandt Lecture: can lessening global poverty continue in the face of conflict, climate change & in-built inequality?
- Marlborough's weather: that was the driest October since at least 1984 - and the River Kennet needs lots of rain
- Marlborough butcher shop is finalist in Butcher Shop of the Year 2017
- Yet another parking story - this time the questions that you want Wiltshire to answer
- The Food Gallery tries a different way to support a charity
- Wiltshire Council parking consultation: call to declare it null & void - now changes threaten future of Marlborough's Christmas lights switch-on
- Beckampton 'utter maniac' driver jailed for dangerous driving after causing smash in fog
- Growing sense of Outrage at Wiltshire's Parking Charge proposals, particularly the 80%+ increase for some Permits
- Kennet's University of the Third Age celebrates its twenty-fifth birthday
- Miniature houses generate massive funds for Cancer Research UK
- VOTE NOW - and vote ten times: Marlborough's new community & youth centre needs your votes
- The question: How to solve Marlborough's housing problems? The answer: affordable housing, affordable housing, affordable housing...
- After 75 years hard work, the crises keep coming that need Oxfam's help : Marlborough Brandt Lecturer Mark Goldring on Oxfam today
- Marlborough Rector honoured as Queen’s Chaplain
- Marlborough Area Foodbank to relaunch next month with a new vision
- Cheap cigarette fraud - do you recognise this man?