Today (February 8) was not the best day for NHS England to have their board meeting: figures were announced showing that January was one of the most difficult months on record for the NHS.
Marlborough.news has learned today (February 8) that Wiltshire Council has asked Scottish and Southern Electricity (SSE) to postpone their road works where the High Street meets New Road.
The latest casualty of tough times on the nation's High Streets is the trendy women's fashion retailer EAST. The firm went into administration two days ago.
January gave us the warmest start to a year since 2012 with the mean temperature 1.1C above the 34-year average.
REMINDER! Parking charges increase today - first day of February - with more increases to follow in August
Wiltshire Council's eleven per cent 'inflationary' increases in parking charges came into force today (February 1). These have nothing to do with current inflation, but have been set as ‘catch-up’ increases after several years of no change.
As marlborough.news has reported, The Three Horseshoes at Stibb Green, Burbage has been closed following the move of the landlords to a new pub.
From North, South or attempting to drive through - Marlborough appears to be under siege from gangs of HiViz attired workmen with temporary traffic light systems each causing a hold-up, but together causing mayhem or chaos every evening and afternoon due to the apparent lack planning or co-ordination.
Great Western Hospital's new Dorcan Unit will provide ten additional beds for patients well enough to go home, but unable to do so while discussions around onward care are still taking place.
At their meeting on Monday (January 29), Marlborough Town Council's planning committee approved the conversion of the former Chapel in The Parade into a cinema and arts centre.
Children at Preshute Primary School will no longer be chanting the rhyme ‘Rain rain go away come again another day.’ Thanks to the generosity of volunteers and the expertise of ARK (Action for the River Kennet), the school now has its very own rain garden.
More Articles ...
- St John's Marlborough celebrates Vote 100
- Local author investigates the secret life of Florence Nightingale
- Royal opening for Marlborough St Mary's - welcome Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall
- Wiltshire Council Cabinet finally agree to sell public amenity land off Rabley Wood View - local opinion ignored
- More car parking pain on the way - including Sunday and public holiday charges
- George Lane resurfacing: access to car parks, GPs, businesses & homes will be difficult to manage
- Wiltshire Council budget 2018-2019: council tax bills to rise by 5.99 per cent
- New bike shop for Marlborough in time for Spring
- Rabley Wood View land sell-off: new amenity area is off-shore and wet
- Burbage pub closes while tenants change
- NHS crisis: planning for winter pressures is paying off - so far
- Bound for history: volumes of town council's minutes properly archived
- Wiltshire Council rules say Marlborough cannot have 'Elsie Knocker Road' - it would have to be plain 'Knocker Road'. 'Are they serious?'
- Can you help? Volunteers wanted for Marlborough's Youth Clubs
- Town Council hears complaints about behaviour of St John's students in Priory Gardens
- Councillor Lisa Farrell elected as Marlborough's Town Mayor for 2018/2019
- Could Great Bedwyn's former Cross Keys pub become a café and bistro?
- Andrew Nicholson draws a huge crowd to raise money for the Prospect Hospice
- Royal opening for Marlborough St Mary's - Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall to perform the ceremony
- Marlborough launch for new Wiltshire based charity aiming to help young people
- Campaign revived for safer A4 west of the College and more cycle-ways
- Town Council's plea to Wiltshire Council as decision on sale of Rabley Wood View open space nears
- Popular Friendship and Mobility Group receives grant from Friends of Savernake
- Great Western Hospital's supplier of meals and services - Carillion - has gone into liquidation
- Tottenham House could become a family residence again - with £3million annual upkeep costs
- The NHS crisis: GWH A&E consultant joins call to Mrs May for action
- Public Inquiry over College Fields village green application ends - report in six weeks
- Inquiry opens into registering College Fields amenity land as a village green
- Bridge Garage will re-open in February as an Esso filling station
- Great Bedwyn St Mary's historic church organ to be restored following Heritage Lottery Fund award
- Two local bands to play for free - supporting Home-Start Kennet's thirtieth birthday party
- Marlborough Tesco customers make generous donations to foodbank
- New car park charges: is there more pain to come?
- Catch-up time: Wiltshire Council raises parking charges to make up for several years' inflation
- Marlborough's weather in 2017: warmer and drier than average
- Summer School 2018 offers health, wealth, lots to make & do, Chris Packham...and some controversy
- Queen honours Marlborough resident
- Children’s art competition adds festive cheer to Marlborough’s Mace store
- Carol concert raises bumper funds for Hope and Homes for Children
- Could your Christmas presents be stolen? Police ask for information following two Marlborough burglaries