Giant waterbugs, meal worms, locusts, squidgy sago worms, buffalo worms and crickets were just some of the not so tasty snacks swallowed by brave St John’s teachers, egged on by a roaring crowd of students.
Savernake death crash: trial of two accused of causing death by dangerous driving starts at Salisbury Crown CourtThe trial of Jordan Blake and Alexander May, both jointly charged with causing the death by dangerous driving of hospital receptionist Jane Thompson on the A4 near Savernake Hospital on June 9 last year started this morning (Monday 4 December) at Salisbury Crown Court.
Year 7 at St John’s have donated over fifty shoeboxes full of gifts to the local charity Helping Victims of Domestic Violence (HVDV).
The process of integrating Wiltshire's health and social services - already agreed in principle by Wiltshire Council and the Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) - is proving rather more complicated than either organisation anticipated.
November: the month began with mild temperatures by day, 14.4C on 1 November but the nights were cold. There were three nights when the thermometer dropped below zero producing a minimum of -2.1C on the morning of 6 November.
More Articles ...
- 24hr Music Marathon this weekend (1,2 December) at Marlborough College to raise funds for the Bobby Cox fund
- A 'tough' financial climate for the NHS in Wiltshire - winter pressures, a case of flu and shrinking money
- Rabley Wood View amenity land sell-off: Wiltshire Council publishes notice making way for cabinet decision
- Understanding homelessness in our community
- A Small Grant Means the Going’s Good at Greatwood!
- Marlborough’s new auction rooms are ready for action
- Tune in to Marlborough St Mary's on Thursday, 30 November, Live on BBC Wiltshire
- Gogglebox arrives in Waitrose Cafe on Christmas Lights Day - Friday 1 December
- Black Belt Karate expert encourages St John’s Year 8 to banish their inner ninjas!
- Cabinet decision sought for Wiltshire Council's sale of amenity land off Rabley Wood View for housing
- What is the real price of a parking space? A share of £25,000?
- A Marlborough Christmas – Lights, Music, Markets and Much More
- Is Marlborough about to be joined with Swindon in a new development area?
- Town Council's robust letter to Wiltshire Council on their parking consultation
- Carers Rights Day: Does your employer care? That’s the £30,000 question
- Putting names onto the new part of Marlborough's street map
- Great Bedwyn: another community in need of affordable homes - but what about its social housing?
- Marlborough St Mary's Primary School and the new crossing point over George Lane: "An accident waiting to happen"
- A New Career as a Teacher? Excalibur Teaching School Alliance’s first Cohort of trainees are in the classroom!
- Huge increase in threats to England’s celebrated landscapes from major housing developments
- With the Big Give Christmas Challenge donations to local charity Action Through Enterprise can be doubled
- A new charity opens in Wiltshire...and Africa - with support from Gambia's President
- MantonFest Pedals for Pudsey!
- Back to Fitness with Buggybabes
- ARK's work for the River Kennet to flow further downstream
- After the Armistice, Marlborough's ceremony of Remembrance
- "The train leaving...": Claire Perry pushes for new rail link - but it's not Marlborough's
- The rebirth of Cinema within Marlborough - old Chapel in the Parade to become the town's new screen
- Armistice..... Marlborough falls silent for two minutes
- Marlborough’s Mace Store Wins National Award
- Overland to Gunjur in the Gambian Disco Express to raise funds for Brandt Group
- Marlborough's new music festival may be called 'Marlborough Rising'
- Questions raised by former town councillors: on rents - again, Cooper's Meadow sheep - again...and Edward Heath
- Date set for official launch of Marlborough Community and Youth Centre - with McCarthy & Stone willing to help
- Wiltshire's NHS: the new chairman of the Clinical Commissioning Group looks ahead
- Rare bikes stolen during a burglary in Lockeridge
- Is Wiltshire's waste & recycling consultation moving towards three weekly collections?
- 'Orphans of the Sea' - Special exhibition to commemorate 190 years of the Royal Merchant Navy Education Foundation
- The Marlborough Brandt Lecture: can lessening global poverty continue in the face of conflict, climate change & in-built inequality?
- Marlborough's weather: that was the driest October since at least 1984 - and the River Kennet needs lots of rain