The professional cricketer Henry Cooper is spending New Zealand's winter months playing with Burbage and Easton Royal Cricket Club (BERCC). This is the eighth season that the club has had a visiting professional from overseas playing with their first eleven and taking a central role in coaching the club's teams and their younger stalwarts.
Driving west along the A4? Spare a thought for Cherhill's Column - & help make a fuss about its state of repair
The Lansdowne Monument - also known as the Cherhill Column - that sits on the crest of Cherhill Down not far from the Cherhill White Horse, is suffering from lack of attention from its owners and damage from the weather beating against its very exposed position.
In one of her first official duties, Town Mayor Councillor Lisa Farrell has opened the new Rohan shop in Hilliers Yard (May 24).
Papers published for Wiltshire Council's Cabinet meeting on Tuesday (June 12) reveal that the Council's two outdoor education centres - Oxenwood near Marlborough and Braeside in Devizes - will not after all close on August 31.
With a new record temperature and record sunshine, May could well have been a summer month rather than late spring month.
On Tuesday (May 29), Marlborough Town Council's Planning Committee heard a rare and really cheering piece of news - the Christmas lights switch-on has been saved.
The only two parking ticket machines that provide tickets for the George Lane long stay car park are still out of order. So people are continuing to make the most of a lengthy period of free parking there.
At their AGM on Monday (May 21), the 2nd Marlborough Scout Group showed their appreciation of Andrew Barnett, who has volunteered as a leader with the group for more than twenty-five years.
More Articles ...
- New Town Mayor's call for openness and public participation
- An open letter in response to Wiltshire Council’s increases in parking charges for Marlborough
- Will Wiltshire Council listen to "the voice of thousands of children"? Council votes for "every best effort" to keep Oxenwood & Braeside centres open
- Scouting for Girls to headline the debut Marlborough Rising music festival
- A student reports on the miniature wonders of Marlborough Area Makerspace’s second Raspberry Jam day
- Outdoor Education Centres: how Wiltshire Council acquired Oxenwood
- A new treasure trove of local history - Marlborough’s Museum opens its doors to the public
- Three say farewell to Minal Parish Council after fifty years of service
- Mercedes stolen during Marlborough burglary - police need information
- Gambian friend of Marlborough gives mango trade - and Fair Trade - a boost
- Opposition to closure of Oxenwood & Braeside outdoor education centres continues
- Threat of unaffordable parking charges hangs over Marlborough resident
- Marlborough’s new mayor, Lisa Farrell says, “I want to listen to the people of this town”
- New Mayor's inaugural speech at the Mayor Making ceremony in full
- Sam Ponsford to welcome four refugees on scholarships to College's School of English & Culture this summer
- Marlborough police station: future use of the building remains undecided
- Are Wiltshire Council Conservatives planning secret changes to the Area Boards?
- St John’s rocket cars blast through competition
- Outdoor education: anger at closure of centres & pleas for Wiltshire Council to allow them to be taken over
- GWH's blocked beds: Swindon Council's "immense" improvement - not so Wiltshire
- Lisa Farrell, the people's Mayor to be elected at Monday's Mayor Making ceremony at the Town Hall
- Better news for Marlborough’s shoppers and eaters...and house buyers?
- Mayor's charity football match: Marlborough Town Football Club at home to 4 MI Battalion
- No Bluebell drive through West Woods this year due to the recent bad weather
- Sunday & Bank Holiday parking charges and permit increases: Wiltshire Council consultation now open - till May 21
- April in Marlborough: not so much cruel as just wet - but with a record breaking warm day
- 20mph: Town Councillors back views of big majority of Marlborough residents who responded to consultation
- Marlborough Rugby achieve a last gasp win to secure promotion to highest ever position
- Bumper funds for Wiltshire based children’s charity
- Free Community WiFi introduces Lockeridge to the open digital universe
- Kelham Gardens land - a correction: neighbours do want to buy the land - and only to extend their gardens
- Fun Day in memory of inspirational Shane Hartop at Marlborough Town's Elcot Lane ground on 12 May
- Bumble Bees attracted to Stonebridge Meadow by a rare feast of Snake's Head Fritillary
- Annual town meeting hears questions about Oxenwood closure & debates introducing 20mph restrictions
- Kelham Gardens land: Wiltshire Council will negotiate over its use as a car park - at what price?
- The Now Vauxhall dealership in George Lane has closed
- They say footfall has fallen in Marlborough High Street - will it improve now the road works have gone?
- A new use for old technology: Pewsey Vale gets another red tourist information kiosk
- Reports: Baroness Scott has agreed to stand down as Wiltshire Council leader...next year
- OXENWOOD CLOSURE: Wiltshire Council ignoring interest from organisations wanting to continue Oxenwood's work for school children