A student reports on the miniature wonders of Marlborough Area Makerspace’s second Raspberry Jam dayOrganised by the Marlborough Area Development Trust, the town's second Raspberry Pi day (Sunday, May 20) saw fifty people coming to grips with coding workshops - all the way from how to get started with your raspberry pi through to robotics and image taking.
Lisa Farrell is Marlborough’s 708th town mayor. She was sworn in at the Mayor Making ceremony in the Town Hall on Monday May 14, in front of an audience of councillors, former mayors, community representatives, family and friends and the High Sheriff of Wiltshire, Mrs Nicky Alberry. Councillor Mervyn Hall was elected as Deputy Mayor.
By Lisa Farrell, Marlborough's newly-appointed Mayor at the Mayor Making ceremony on Monday 14 May:
More Articles ...
- Sam Ponsford to welcome four refugees on scholarships to College's School of English & Culture this summer
- Marlborough police station: future use of the building remains undecided
- Are Wiltshire Council Conservatives planning secret changes to the Area Boards?
- St John’s rocket cars blast through competition
- Outdoor education: anger at closure of centres & pleas for Wiltshire Council to allow them to be taken over
- GWH's blocked beds: Swindon Council's "immense" improvement - not so Wiltshire
- Lisa Farrell, the people's Mayor to be elected at Monday's Mayor Making ceremony at the Town Hall
- Better news for Marlborough’s shoppers and eaters...and house buyers?
- Mayor's charity football match: Marlborough Town Football Club at home to 4 MI Battalion
- No Bluebell drive through West Woods this year due to the recent bad weather
- Sunday & Bank Holiday parking charges and permit increases: Wiltshire Council consultation now open - till May 21
- April in Marlborough: not so much cruel as just wet - but with a record breaking warm day
- 20mph: Town Councillors back views of big majority of Marlborough residents who responded to consultation
- Marlborough Rugby achieve a last gasp win to secure promotion to highest ever position
- Bumper funds for Wiltshire based children’s charity
- Free Community WiFi introduces Lockeridge to the open digital universe
- Kelham Gardens land - a correction: neighbours do want to buy the land - and only to extend their gardens
- Fun Day in memory of inspirational Shane Hartop at Marlborough Town's Elcot Lane ground on 12 May
- Bumble Bees attracted to Stonebridge Meadow by a rare feast of Snake's Head Fritillary
- Annual town meeting hears questions about Oxenwood closure & debates introducing 20mph restrictions
- Kelham Gardens land: Wiltshire Council will negotiate over its use as a car park - at what price?
- The Now Vauxhall dealership in George Lane has closed
- They say footfall has fallen in Marlborough High Street - will it improve now the road works have gone?
- A new use for old technology: Pewsey Vale gets another red tourist information kiosk
- Reports: Baroness Scott has agreed to stand down as Wiltshire Council leader...next year
- OXENWOOD CLOSURE: Wiltshire Council ignoring interest from organisations wanting to continue Oxenwood's work for school children
- Protests mount over Wiltshire Council closure of outdoor education centres - they will be raised at Monday's Annual Town Meeting
- "A glaring omission" made good - historic Marlborough finally gets its own museum
- Army keep fit for Mayor’s charities
- Bees are in trouble - but they're getting good support from Bee Roadzz Week
- Lots to be won in Marlborough Tennis' fund raising auctions as opening for the new courts draws closer
- Will Wiltshire Council let Marlborough have a new residents' car park?
- Avebury stone circle reopens to the public in time for World Heritage Day
- A new attraction in town: Marlborough Museum opens in The Merchant's House
- Transition Marlborough say Wiltshire Council is out to close down debate on possible rail link
- National Trust to restore Avebury Manor's 100 year-old Potting Shed
- Perrine, the RDA Carriage Driving Pony is saved thanks to petition
- Who is policing the planning consents for developments in Marlborough?
- No debate over Oxenwood and Braeside's' future, just over whether the 'call in' was correct
- Bee Roadzz of Marlborough Downs all 'a buzz' next week