After a three week gap since their last game, Marlborough Ladies saw this fixture as crunch time against old rivals City of Bath who were sitting right above them in the league table.
For their Sunday (February 19) catch-up game, Marlborough welcomed bottom of the table Sidmouth and Ottery.
Marlborough were utterly dominant in the first half, winning the ball numerous times in the Sidmouth half thanks to some excellent work in the defensive press. The energy
Marlborough ladies were looking forward to this mid-table clash with Mendip. When the sides had met in November Mendip had come away three-nil winners - so this time the home side were keen to even the score.
For their home fixture (February 4) against Bristol University B - who are in third place in the league - Marlborough put in one of their best first half performances of the season to take a 3-0 lead and ensure the game was all
Marlborough travelled to Bristol to play a Firebrands team who all but ended Marlborough promotion hopes last year by beating them at a similar stage in the season.
Marlborough started this game brightly with quick ball movement around the back creating space for forward runners. The
Marlborough felt very optimistic going into this week's game following on from their confident win in their last match.
From the first whistle Marlborough piled on the pressure with early attacking play from Alice Fanshaw, Milly Dawson, Alice Thompson and Catherine Manley. The ball remained in
- Hockey: "Just about good enough..." - Marlborough men's shaky times & a fortunate winner
- Hockey: Marlborough ladies firsts in seventh heaven as Milly Dawson scores four
- Hockey: Marlborough men stay top of the table after tricky drawn game
- Hockey: Marlborough men back to winning ways - despite a team thinned by injuries
- Hockey: in tightly fought contest Marlborough ladies first team just miss draw with West Wilts
- Hockey: Taunton Vale B end Marlborough men's unbroken run of victories
- Hockey: Marlborough men keep their unbeaten record with a display of 'grit and grind'
- Hockey: It rained & rained & Marlborough ladies' game at Swanage ended in a four-all draw
- Hockey: Marlborough ladies are smiling with three 'beautiful points' against second in the table Team Bath Buccs 3
- Hockey: Marlborough men continue assault on promotion with seventh consecutive win - and a Rich Fynn hat-trick
- Hockey: an excellent weekend for Marlborough men - still unbeaten after the season's first six fixtures
- Hockey: Marlborough ladies delighted to take full points in convincing 5-1 home victory
- HOCKEY - LADIES: some half-term blues leave the greens with too much to do against City of Bath
- HOCKEY: fresh faces in Marlborough men's first team and still they score a resounding win
- Hockey: Marlborough men start the season on top form - with three victories in a row
- Hockey: Marlborough ladies first team have "a little hiccup along the way"
- Hockey: Three goals apiece - Marlborough Ladies held to a draw in Salisbury
- Hockey: Played one won one - Marlborough ladies open with a victory over Devizes
- Golden Team GB keeper Maddie Hinch gives Marlborough Hockey Club ladies a spin on Twitter
- Marlborough Hockey Club gets set for the new season