This week, Mike Sheene, the owner of Newbury-based franchise Bright and Beautiful dusted off a classic element of business strategy and expanded into Marlborough.
Marlborough Chamber of Commerce has announced its ambition to make the town dementia-friendly. Proposals were outlined at the AGM (June 26), where financial adviser Dave Jones was invested as president.
A new law firm with a difference has opened in Marlborough. Marlborough Law Ltd, is run by solicitors, Karen Salmon and Alex Atkins. The firm seeks to offer an affordable service to local people.
Sam Bushnell, from their Kingsbury Street salon has just been named Apprentice of The Year in the Hairdressing Section at the Swindon College.
Fraser's Budgens on Marlborough's Business Park - an independent business offering customer-driven service
Although occupying an extensive site at the gateway to Marlborough's Business Park just off the Salisbury Road, this substantial facility offering BP Petrol and services, Budgens supermarket and a Subway fast food outlet is one of only six sites owned and managed by Oxford-based independent family business, Fraser Retail.
This year Small Business Saturday is on Saturday, December 2 and to encourage the public to use their local small businesses more, the Pewsey Vale Tourism Partnership is running a free prize draw with some substantial prizes.
Paper panic and how to prevent it is the topic of conversation at the next Marlborough Chamber of Commerce business breakfast.
Guest speaker Sammy Ryan will explain how her company, Strictly Organised, helps clients get to grips with piles of paperwork.
The event takes place at Marlborough Golf Club from 7.30am on Wednesday, July 19. Attendance costs £9.
More Articles ...
- Barbury launches business club to reach Wiltshire enterprises
- Jack Wills to open new outlet in Marlborough
- Get ready for the five-times-a-year tax return, Marlborough Chamber of Commerce networkers warned
- Major overhaul of tax reporting will be topic of discussion at Marlborough business breakfast
- Renowned body artist to set up shop in Marlborough
- Physio takes last empty unit in Marlborough precinct
- Cosmetics store Bobbi Brown opens in Marlborough High Street
- Shepherd turned business coach talks at baa-reakfast
- Bike shop Bertie Maffoons closes doors
- Civil engineering firm appoints Marlborough man to top job
- Royds Withy King raises over £6.5k for Prospect Hospice
- Safari specialist J&C Voyageurs joins Pewsey-based Exceptional Travel
- Marlborough web agency harvests awards in Cambridgeshire competition
- Networking lunch will celebrate Marlborough’s status as a Fairtrade Town
- HR expert gives advice on caring for employees who are carers
- Charity founder gives Marlborough bosses a lesson in ethics
- Business leaders to get a lesson in ethics
- Creative hub opens in Marlborough
- Burbage firm sponsors air ambulance mascot - now he needs a name
- Striking deals - and golf balls - at networking event
- Kennet Community Energy's new solar installation
- Famous but troubled canalside inn for sale
- The Bear reveals ambitious new chef
- Solicitor joins Withy King's private client team
- All change at Marlborough supermarket… again
- Brewin’s Chelsea garden wins silver with first-time designer
- Office greenery firm scoops top industry award
- Garage aims to create the right environment at school
- Sarah moves to Withy King's property team
- Marlborough News journalist to give PR tips to business leaders
- Andrew brings 10 years’ experience to commercial property market
- Marlborough’s new status as a Fairtrade Town discussed at Chamber breakfast
- Businesses to discover what Fairtrade Town status means for Marlborough
- Fast-growing IT firm takes on four new team members
- What makes successful people succeed? ponders Olympian
- Olympic gold medal winner to address Marlborough Chamber business breakfast
- Skurrays - the oldest name in the UK motor trade - disappears
- Training provider shortlisted for two major awards
- Community champions bring free wifi to Marlborough town centre
- Rick Stein gives a clue to menu options at new Marlborough restaurant