Newbury racecourse marked the opening of its Flat racing season by installing a remarkable sculpture at the heart of the parade rings - Tom Hiscocks' massive bronze depiction of a drinking horse.
Marlborough's housing - Part 2: Finding homes for key workers & the future of St Peter's School building
The future of Marlborough's iconic St Peter's School building at the lower entrance to The Parade, was raised again last Monday at the Town Council Planning Committee meeting (March 19). The building and the land around it is owned by Wiltshire Council.
The dire supply of really affordable homes in Marlborough was raised by the Deputy Town Mayor, Councillor Lisa Farrell, at last Monday's full meeting of the Town Council (March 5).
Marlborough area pubs in the news: Queen's Head changes hands - The Barge for sale again - Axford's Red Lion for sale - & more
Marlborough.news has been reporting the comings and goings in the ownership - and sometimes the viability - of some of the pubs in the Marlborough area. 2018 seems to have started with a bundle of pubs seeking new ownership or landlords.
More Articles ...
- Wiltshire Citizens Advice staff prepare for their busiest day of the year - as debts mount
- Vale of Pewsey archaeology: six thousand year old decoration on chalk blocks from the Cat's Brain dig
- Pluses and minuses: what did 2017 do for Marlborough - from shops to housing and, of course, the school?
- Twelfth Night revels to help bring 'Snakes' to Wiltshire in 2019
- As 2017 slides away...what book, film, TV or radio programme hit the spot for you?
- BREXIT: there are issues specific to people in our area that will have to be addressed - and that process does need watching
- Read all about it! 1772 Marlborough Journal given for Merchant's House Museum - an election, scandals, crimes, readers' letters
- Is Wiltshire Council helping with Marlborough's traffic and parking problems?
- Following in the footsteps of a 1920s expedition to the Arctic
- As the three year Pewsey Vale investigation of Neolithic Marden ends - the Cat's Brain site still holds many secrets
- Marlborough’s historic mill wheels moved closer to home
- Drive electric! - all you need are some solar panels and a three-pin plug
- Matt Prior - Marlborough Downs' "Mr Tree Sparrow" - keeps tabs on another new generation of chicks
- Vanessa Lafaye's new novel tells of a woman's struggle against violent racism - Vanessa too has a major struggle to confront
- Read all about it! Fallout from a nuclear bomb attack on London - in a debut novel
- Aldbourne's Scarecrow Trail returns again - for a third year
- Fairy fun comes to Pewsey
- A varied selection of Easter Weekend events for those who like all kinds of egg hunts - and other entertainments
- Elliot Lassiter - future Triathalon star awarded Wiltshire Council Grant
- A Shepherds Hut - a traditional local and desirable addition to any garden
- Friends set up business recording precious life memories
- Kids let Let It Go go as songs from the movies come to the stage
- The last working windmill in Wessex is working again
- Walking the police puppy: dog unit looks for volunteers to help with young canine recruits
- What is it like being homeless in Marlborough?
- Document offers insight into life in Marlborough
- Local people help chose new priorities for Area Board
- Democracy returns to The Gambia: new President meets Marlborough link delegation
- Sparks fly as repair work starts on Crofton’s boiler
- Swindon press headline: "Housing developers to help fund social projects" - that's how Section 106 should work