Health & NHS
You wake up one morning to hear the BBC's Laura Kuenssberg telling her sleepy-eared audience that the government are about to 'unpick' some of or some parts of the Conservative-led Coalition's great NHS restructuring.
Winter is coming. The older amongst us are queuing up for flu jabs and just about everyone you meet who works in health and social care is terrified that this will be the winter when the NHS and council care services are finally - and dangerously - overwhelmed.
More Articles ...
- NHS community care moves into the era of hubs and spokes: it'll be all change for Wiltshire's community hospitals
- Here we go again - the organisation of the NHS in Wiltshire is about to change dramatically
- A stylish white horse and a blue river: Marlborough & Pewsey GPs choose a new logo
- Great Western Hospital gets some warnings of winter squalls to come
- NHS nursing crisis: Lili is from Romania & works at GWH - but the flow of EU nurses has now dried up
- STP WATCH: Did anyone notice? NHS Sustainability and Transformation Plans have become Partnerships - and permanent
- “The Doctor will see you now’”…but in the future? Maybe not
- Young people want better access to mental health services in Wiltshire
- NHS funding crisis: Wiltshire's part in plan to balance Department of Health's end of year accounts
- A Wiltshire GP practice disappears as staff shortages hit NHS and social services
- A crisis in children's mental health? How is Wiltshire coping? Part Three: How Marlborough's schools respond to mental health issues
- A crisis in children's mental health? How is Wiltshire coping? Part Two: how Wiltshire is changing the system
- A crisis in children's mental health? How is Wiltshire coping? Part One: the system is changing
- Home to Assess: GWH pilots new scheme for earlier discharge to free up beds & relieve pressure on A&E
- STP WATCH: "Time for change" - full plan for future of Wiltshire's NHS to go public in three weeks
- STP WATCH: neighbouring NHS 'footprint' to save millions by cutting number of registered nurses
- The NHS in crisis: Wiltshire's health services hit by staff shortages - and we have not got to Brexit yet
- The NHS crisis: "Slow down! Diversion ahead - consultations underway"
- Great Western Hospital: as the junior doctors plan their strikes, patient safety and staff shortages still top the agenda
- In the midst of its worst financial storm the NHS is hit by a perfect media storm
- The shape of things to come? Virgin Care named as preferred bidder for Bath's community health care
- The NHS crisis: short of nurses and short of money - how will costs be reduced?
- As Jeremy Hunt stays as Health Secretary, the NHS gets a dose of reality
- Changing of the guard for Wiltshire's NHS - just as Brexit poses new problems for health services
- Charity amidst the alien corn
- The NHS crisis: controversial changes may be coming to Wiltshire's health services - sooner or later?
- The little machine that's helping doctors tell when antibiotics are NOT needed
- Great Western Hospital asks for support as its emergency department fills up again
- The NHS is being reorganised - this time quietly and without bothering our sovereign Parliament
- How a patients group has surveyed views on Marlborough's doctors and are helping the practice