Marlborough LitFest 2019
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO NAPOLEON BONAPARTE! Author to present new view of France's onetime Emperor - & long time British bogeyman - at Marlborough LitFestThursday, 15 August 2019 marks the 250th anniversary of the birth of Napoleon Bonaparte. That's almost 250 years worth of theories and stories about the very famous 'Little Corporal' from Corsica who ruled over much of Europe.
When Joanne Harris first published Chocolat twenty years ago, she never thought that a novel about a chocolate shop and a small French village would achieve worldwide success and acclaim. A very popular film adaptation and several awards later, Joanne has published the fourth book in the Chocolat series - The Strawberry Thief.
More Articles ...
- Ian Rankin is coming to Marlborough LitFest: a firm fan of Messrs Rankin & Rebus explains their lasting appeal
- Marlborough LitFest 2019: Thursday's the day tickets go on sale
- Marlborough archaeologist's new book delves into a million years of our history - where does Marlborough fit in?
- It's arrived! Marlborough LitFest's 10th brochure is published - with a special cover by Chris Riddell
- Marlborough’s LitFest raises awareness of the work of Save the Children in its centenary year
- COMPETITION! win a free copy of Marlborough LitFest's Big Town Read: 'The Salt Path'
- LITFEST 2019: children's programme revealed - with wizards, naughtiness, magic, bears...Cressida Cowell, David Baddiel, Chris Riddell an' all
- Marlborough LitFest’s life affirming Big Town Read - author Raynor Winn on the couple’s coastal journey
- Marlborough LitFest 2019: announcing Joanne Harris, two Hiscox Debut Authors & the book for the Big Town Read
- Rankin, Duffy and Harris: three big name signings for LitFest 2019 - authors of three enticing books
- An impassioned plea for freedom & justice: Ben Okri to be Marlborough LitFest 2019’s Golding Speaker