This Saturday, 22 June there will be a Marlborough in Bloom 'bric-a-brac' stall set up outside Superdrug in the High Street between 09:30 and 15:00 to raise funds for this year's entry.
At last night's meeting of the Planning Committee of Marlborough Town Council (Monday 17 June) three residents - Vera Hamblin, Jackie Gill and Fred Briers handed in a petition of more than 600 signatories requesting that a crossing be installed in the town's busy High Street.
Members of a County Lines gang which supplied drugs to dealers and users in Wiltshire have been jailed for a total of almost 57 years. The gang shipped crack cocaine and heroin to dealers in Swindon and Marlborough for supply to local addicts.
MantonFest this Saturday (29 June) with Mercury (Queen's top tribute band), T.Rextasy and The Troggs heading the billSaturday is MantonFest, the weather forecast is good so all looks set for another chilled and relaxing day out with some great music happening all the way through from mid-day to 11 at night in the glorious setting of Manton Watermeadow's natural amphitheatre.
Wednesday (19 June) was National Refill Day and it was only fitting that the youngest in society show their elders the way forward in cutting out plastic waste. The youngest pupils at Oare C of E Primary School proved that they have 'got the bottle' to prevent plastic pollution.
A popular face from the days of the Marlborough International Jazz Festival will be back on a Marlborough stage on Friday 2 Aug. Jazz Fest favourite Lil' Jimmy Reed will be headlining a blues night at the Town Hall courtesy of Marlborough Arts Association.
Free coach transport to the National Armed Forces Day in Salisbury on Saturday 29 June is being offered on a first come, first served basis by Marlborough's branch of the Royal British Legion with support from the Marlborough Area Board.
More Articles ...
- St. John’s Academy leads the way in tackling climate change
- Registration open for July's Savernake 10k & 3k fun run
- John Ruskin's bicentenary: Marlborough conference seeks people to host speakers & visitors
- Burglaries at Marlborough coffee shop & jewellers
- ‘Marlborough at War with the King’ – a new book reveals town’s pivotal role in the English Civil War
- Summer Fair extravaganza raises bumper funds for Kennet Valley School
- Our changing NHS: how would you shape the future of your local health services?
- How can GWH cope over the three years it will take to enlarge the hospital?
- Fitting ceremony marks the completion of Ramsbury Airfield project
- Local Olympians complete Snowdonia challenge raising funds for Wiltshire Air Ambulance
- The Parade Cinema: initial work to turn the former Chapel into a cinema has started
- Queen's Birthday Honours: BEM for GWH nurse who transformed care of vulnerable people
- Marlborough honours Eglantyne Jebb, founder of Save the Children, with a new blue plaque
- D-Day75: wreaths laid at site of Marlborough's US Army hospital - and St Mary's bells rung
- Davis Cup stars to hold coaching session at Marlborough Tennis' official opening
- Ramsbury Airfield Remembrance - this Sunday, 9 June at 11am
- Marlborough Rising: Filling the town with music for all tastes over the weekend of 9-11 August - tickets now on sale
- Marlborough's weather: May was cool, but together the three months of Spring were warmer than average
- Enjoy the Great Wiltshire Walk in aid of Julia's House
- New blue plaque for Eglantyne Jebb, founder of Save the Children to be unveiled on 7 June
- Digging to reveal more about Aldbourne's Band of Brothers
- Marlborough's youth protest demands action from politicians regarding climate change
- Marlborough’s new rector returns to his roots
- A4 Closure: Stuck Truck causes Manton Mayhem
- Schools out for Climate Change - students to strike on Friday
- Jail for County Lines drugs courier arrested in Marlborough
- No Vets4pets as much loved Marlborough veterinary surgery closes its doors
- New Mayor promises an exciting year ahead for the town
- Wiltshire's two local outdoor education centres may well be saved - and keep helping schoolchildren
- Claire Perry MP caught up in a new expenses disclosure
- Marlborough's new NHS dentist is now open in Hughenden Yard
- Marlborough's next generation leads the way to bring home the dangers of climate change to everyone
- St John’s students top of the South West in 'Race for the Line' Rocket Car competition
- Déjà vu for Marlborough's next Mayor, Cllr Mervyn Hall
- Save the Children’s centenary celebrations continue with the play ‘Eglantyne’
- The Parade Cinema: plans for Marlborough's new cinema take a great leap forward
- Marlborough's weather: April 2019 was a dry month - but was far from breaking records
- 'Win-win'? Wiltshire Council to close Pewsey children centre - and five others across the county
- Hate crime awareness campaign to help the public understand it and to report it
- REMINDER: Overnight closure of A4 west of Marlborough for most of May