On Sunday 22 April, in front of a packed crowd at Marlborough Town’s first team pitch, MYFC U18's hosted red hot favourites Chippenham Town U18's in the semi final of the Wiltshire Youth Cup. Most of the Chippenham squad attend the Pulse Academy which specialises in football development for already talented 16-19 year olds, playing a high level of football.
The 'Marlborough Foxes' - Marlborough Youth Football Club's U11 Girls Team have made it through to final of the Wiltshire U11 Girls League Cup to be played at the Oakfields Ground in Melksham on Sunday 6 May.
Marlborough Youth U18's claimed a semi-final place in the Wiltshire Youth Cup on Sunday in a tense and exciting quarter final away at Warminster. 4-1 down after 35 minutes it looked like the Marlborough lads would suffer their first defeat of the season.
As part of their partnership with the England National Football Team and FA, Nike offer leading Youth Football clubs in the country a chance to apply for partnerships to help raise the profile and quality of grass roots football.
On Friday last week (20 October) Lisa Wakeman (back row, 3rd from right) of Watrose presented Geoff Pratt (back row far right) of Marlborough Youth Football Club (MYFC) with a cheque for £357 - from the Waitrose Community Support Green Token scheme.
Rick Stein's Marlborough and Crown Water & Coffee unveiled as new kit sponsor for the MYFC U14 and U9 teams
Coinciding with the first anniversary of Rick Stein's Marlborough restaurant opening, the new Rick Stein sponsored strip for the Marlborough Youth Football Club (MYFC) under 14 team was unveiled on the steps of the restaurant whilst the U9 team secured sponsorship for their new kit from Crown Water & Coffee with help from the internatioal coffee brand, Douwe Egbert.
Announcement - from Stuart Slater - Chair of Marlborough Youth Football Club
I am privileged to announce that MYFC now have, would you believe it, THREE HUNDRED registered players...!
Quite unbelievable. From 20-30 players in 2009, to where we are now. It has not been our mission to recruit higher and higher numbers for the sake of it, instead we have simply responded and tried to resource/accommodate the continuous stream of players who wish to play in mighty Orange! It tells me we must be doing something right.
A remarkable milestone, of which I am personally very proud indeed.
Again therefore, a THANK YOU to all coaches, helpers, sponsors, exec, the committee, everyone associated with the club, and especially the players! Here's to another great season ahead.... unbelievable!
(PS - we need volunteers now more than ever!)
Sunday 17 September
Marlborough Town Ladies FC 2; Trowbridge Town Ladies 3
Marlborough’s third game of the season saw them pitched against Trowbridge Town Ladies.
Trowbridge are a team full of speed, skill and slick passing that have proved to be testing foes on a number of occasions last season in both the league and cup games. But these tougher challenges always seem to bring out the best in the Marlborough Ladies and this Sunday was no exception.
More Articles ...
- Angels - progress update
- PEWMAR 2018
- Match report: Lavington & Easterton United v Marlborough Town Ladies FC
- Marlborough Town Ladies open the season with a clean sheet - and five goals
- ‘Walking back to happiness’ for the over fifties when Walking Football arrives in Marlborough in a couple of weeks
- Two MYFC Players of The Year - one voted by Parents / public and another by the Coaches
- MYFC - Season overview 2016-17
- No, the Rec hasn’t been invaded by Aliens!
- Where Angels dream...... Wembley!
- MYFC U8s runners up in the Cold Ash Festival of Football
- Club Ethos and Working Principles
- MYFC - Trophy Cabinet
- Narrow victory for MTFC U18s v Marlborough College in Inaugural William S Bambridge Shield fixture
- Marlborough Ladies suffer a loss in their last league match of the season
- Football: Long overdue win gets Marlborough Ladies to next round of Cup
- Five goals in second half see Marlborough Ladies fall to top-of-table Swindon team
- Football: Marlborough Town Ladies go into 2017 with optimism
- Winning goal for Marlborough Youth Football Club as they sign local business Soft Options Water Softeners as sponsor
- Football: Marlborough keep their spot at top of Wiltshire league
- Struggling Marlborough Ladies lose to Melksham