Marlborough Rugby: Resounding victory over local rivals Swindon to close a very successful season at the new higher level
Marlborough 34 - 24 Swindon
On a rich vein of form with five wins from six, Head Coach Elisi Vunipola’s men faced a struggling Swindon side in their last game of the 2018/2019 campaign. The supporters enjoyed a feast of rugby, with the Firsts kicking off at 2.30pm and the Seconds kicking off their crucial game at 3.00pm. It was a great weekend for Marlborough Rugby as the Colts also triumphed, this time at neutral Frome where they beat Yeovil Colts to win the Dorset and Wiltshire Colts Plate final by 23-7.
Marlborough Rugby: Colts complete a successful weekend for Marlborough Rugby Club with victory in the Dorset & Wiltshire Colts Plate final
Marlborough Colts 23 - 7 Yeovil Colts
On a chilly April Sunday afternoon (14 April) in neutral Frome Marlborough Colts triumphed 23-7 against a strong Yeovil Colts team to win the Dorset and Wiltshire Colts Plate final.
There were scenes of wiild jubilation recently as Marlborough Youth FC U14 secured their first league championship. Marlborough Youth U14 Mavericks became the North Wilts Youth League Division 2 Champions on Sunday 10 March with a 1- 1 draw away at AFC Newbury.
Marlborough U13s Rugby: U13s complete weekend club double over Royal Wootton Bassett with a deserved victory to secure the Dorset and Wilts Plate
Marlborough Mustangs U13s 35 - 25 Royal Wootton Bassett U13s
On a beautiful Sunday morning, the Marlborough Mustangs (the MRFC U13 boys’ team) took on Royal Wootton Bassett in a match that would determine the winners of this season’s Dorset and Wilts Plate Competition.
Marlborough Rugby: Resilient Marlborough too strong for Oxford Harlequins in tough battle on The Common
Marlborough 27 - 13 Oxford Harlequins
After a narrow defeat to fellow promotion candidates Old Centralians last weekend, Marlborough hosted 9th placed Oxford Harlequins at The Common. The last time the two sides met, Marlborough came out on top, albeit in a very competitive game. The sun was shining, but the cold howling wind still meant hats and scarves for the fans.
Marlborough Rugby: Seconds make history by being the first second team to gain promotion to D & W North 1
Marlborough II 63 - 15 Melksham
The league that Marlborough II will play in next season is the same that the First XV were playing four years ago. Against Melksham Marlborough II’s scored a total of TEN tries on their way to making history for the Club last Saturday on the Common, emphatically defending their unbeaten home record by winning 63 points to 15 in their final league game of the 2018/19 season.
Marlborough Rugby Club Summer Ball steps up to new large venue with Rick Parfitt Jnr's RPJ headliningMarlborough RFC's Summer Ball on Saturday 22 June promises to be one of the town's Summer highlights.Bigger, better, with a top headline act and now moved to the Norwood Hall at Marlborough College,
Royal Wootton Bassett 13 - 29 Marlborough
Feeling fresh and rejuvenated after a week’s break, Marlborough secured the victory and bonus point over league rivals Royal Wootton Bassett.
Gloucester Old Centralians 24 - 19 Marlborough
With Spring in their steps after the amazing win over Newbury two weeks ago, Marlborough travelled over the border into Gloucester to face Old Centralians for the second time this season, this time they were the hosts. Hopes were high that Marlborough could turn around the loss from earlier in the season when they visited the Common.
More Articles ...
- CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL PREVIEW: the great draw in Ogbourne Maizey is the well fancied hurdler Paisley Park
- Hockey: Marlborough men find revenge is sweet - & hard work. While the ladies pile up goals - for & against
- Marlborough Youth Football Club get 'Bags of Help' equipment for the Youth Centre courtesy of Tesco and the Town Council
- Marlborough Rugby: Skill, grit and togetherness see Marlborough against unbeaten Newbury on The Common
- Oscar putts in the effort to win Marlborough Golf Club’s Junior of the Year award
- Marlborough Rugby: Narrow victory for Marlborough on The Common as visitors miss last minute drop goal
- Hockey: Mighty Marlborough’s wonderful win - Ladies first team's 4-2 victory over Weymouth
- Marlborough Rugby: Under-strength side edged out by resilient Beaconsfield
- Hockey: Entering 2019 in style - Marlborough mens' victory over top of the league side Swansea
- Marlborough Rugby: Marlborough edge a thrilling encounter away at Banbury
- Marlborough Rugby: Strong start to the New Year at home against Wimborne
- Marlborough Rugby: Convincing victory over Stratford on The Common
- Pewsey Tennis Club wins top 2018 award as best club in Wiltshire
- Hockey: Marlborough Ladies second team continue to 'show face' - despite tough opposition
- Marlborough Hockey Club - ladies win one and lose one - the men were a man down
- Marlborough Rugby: Back on track with an entertaining victory over Salisbury
- Marlborough Rugby: Marlborough bought down to earth by top Wootton Bassett side
- Pudsey given a bit of help for Children in Need by a group of Angels in Pyjamas
- Marlborough Rugby: Narrow and tough victory over Oxford Quins puts Marlborough back into winning ways
- Marlborough Rugby: Last Gasp Old Centralians Try Steals the Points from Marlborough
- Marlborough Rugby: Blues for Marlborough at Newbury as winning run comes to a valiant end
- Marlborough Rugby: Seven out of seven away at Witney
- Marlborough Rugby: this time local rivals Chippenham to make it six out of six
- Marlborough Rugby: Marlborough II run in eight tries against local rivals Devizes II
- Marlborough Rugby: Ruthless Marlborough II steamroller Cricklade with impressive away performance
- Marlborough Rugby: Fine start to season for U12s with a convincing victory over Minety
- Marlborough Rugby: Five out of Five with impressive away victory at Beaconsfield
- Marlborough Youth Football Club and Marlborough Town FC launch a Defibrillator at their Elcot Lane ground
- Marlborough Tennis serve up a new 'Business 200 Club' to fund tennis in the community
- Marlborough Rugby: Marlborough's perfect start continues with victory over Banbury and the weather
- Hockey: Gold medal player Laura Unsworth's visit to inspire Marlborough Hockey Club's teeming teams of juniors
- Marlborough Rugby: Nomads sweep Corsham 2nds aside with a thirteen try performance
- Marlborough Rugby: Three out of three for impressive Marlborough away at Wimborne
- Marlborough Rugby: Nomads trounce Melksham 2nds in one-sided encounter
- Marlborough Rugby: Resounding victory against fellow promoted side
- Marlborough's next generation (or one beyond that) get a taste of Fijian Sevens magic from Pio Tuwai
- Marlborough Rugby: Triumph in local derby in first match at new level
- Marlborough Cyclocross - Fourth and final round in the Summer 2018 series
- Marlborough Cyclocross - third event in the Summer 2018 series
- Marlborough Cyclocross - second event in the Summer 2018 series
- International six-a-side venture for Marlborough Youth FC
- Marlborough Cricket Club’s Under 11’s are unbeaten
- Golf, Tennis? Next Murray or McIlroy? Come and try both on Sunday
- 2018 RAMMAR tournament at MTFC's Elcot Lane Ground - a great success, even the weather!
- MYFC Angels - Mascots at Reading Ladies FC v Liverpool Ladies!
- Marlborough Rugby's promotions-winning 1st XV applauded by Mayor Lisa Farrell for last season's outstanding achievement
- New Sponsor for Marlborough Rugby Club - Vets4Pets
- Pink cricket weekend raises £1,000 for cancer unit
- Goodbye MYFC U18’s – the end of an era!
- MYFC Player of the Year 2017/18 - Public Vote